• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'd like to just say "Bravo" to the KF Community

nutterbutter

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
The KF community has been whining for a female character for years and a separate company has ponied up the money to develop, build, and release that feature. Do I particularly like that Iceberg is requiring a full purchase of the game? Nope. But is this TWI's fault? Nope. But that isn't stopping what looks like the majority of the KF-verse complaining about TWI and their "money hungry" actions.

So I'd like to thank the KF community for their behavior and to point out that such reaction is sure to prevent ANY OTHER COMPANY from developing similar features for KF as well.

Bravo people. Bravo.

Well the only argument that can be directed at tripwire is 'if a 3rd party can produce the retail-quality femail skin we always wanted then why couldn't you?'
To which tripwire can reply 'frankly, we couldn't be arsed i'm afraid'

TWI:

Clark-Gable-Dont-Give-A-Damn.jpg

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
such reaction is sure to prevent ANY OTHER COMPANY from developing similar features for KF as well.
If these companies read into the complaints with any comprehension, they would see that the way the new content was distributed was the disliked part, rather than the addition of new content. They would then be dissuaded from distributing it in that way, and that would be just swell.
If TWI reads into the complaints, as I'm guessing they already have, they'll know it's not their fault and that they should either disregard it or redirect it to iceberg.

Last edited:
Reactions: borsdy and Spicy
Upvote 0
The KF community has been whining for a female character for years and a separate company has ponied up the money to develop, build, and release that feature. Do I particularly like that Iceberg is requiring a full purchase of the game? Nope. But is this TWI's fault? Nope. But that isn't stopping what looks like the majority of the KF-verse complaining about TWI and their "money hungry" actions.

So I'd like to thank the KF community for their behavior and to point out that such reaction is sure to prevent ANY OTHER COMPANY from developing similar features for KF as well.

Bravo people. Bravo.

People have a right to express their views if it's done in a respectable manner.

From what I've read, players are not happy the way this is being done and putting your concerns to the devs is what gets things changed and while I don't like the trash comments (foul language, personal insults towards the devs) it does show how strongly some players feel about this.

Reactions: borsdy
Upvote 0
I personally dont like the thing tha u need to buy new copy of the game to get the DLC character pack.

Will not anything against if TRI will tell that there will be also stand alone character DLC pack with those skins to buy in standard TRI's price (not 2 or 3x higer becouse its something that community wished for). Also i dont believe that TRI has nothing to say in this matter.

Upvote 0
what do you care nutterbutter? why dont you go ahead and spend $40 on the "gold edition" to get 1 new character.

personally i dont care either way, if i can get a character for $40 or $1, i'm not spending money on something i dont need in the game.
i wonder how much money you waste.

"So I'd like to thank the KF community for their behavior and to point out that such reaction is sure to prevent ANY OTHER COMPANY from developing similar features for KF as well."

are you mentally handicapped? how do you not understand that it's not the features everyone is mad about, it's the distribution method, so if anything, they won't try to pull crap like this again.

Last edited:
Reactions: borsdy and Necro-71
Upvote 0
Imagine such situation:

You bought a brand new car. You like it very much. Actually you think your car is one of the best cars in the world. Only thing you don't like are headlights. They look "not so good" as they supposed to be for your awesome car.
After a couple of years third-party manufacturer has developed nice headlights for this model. But the only way you can get them is to buy a new car! The same model as yours, just with brand new headlights. And the car manufacturer says it is not a problem, because you can gift or sell your current car to a friend or even disassemble it into parts and sell them independently.

And you still don't think it is weird?
TWI, you've raged the community like a noob, who naded the Scrake.

Upvote 0
Imagine such situation:

You bought a brand new car. You like it very much. Actually you think your car is one of the best cars in the world. Only thing you don't like are headlights. They look "not so good" as they supposed to be for your awesome car.
After a couple of years a third-party manufacturer has developed nice headlights for this model. But the only way you can get them is to buy a new car from the third-party manufacturer! The same model as yours, just with brand new headlights.

It's more like this.

Upvote 0
Anyone remember the Ball PreOrder char? Is the community going to rage and stamp it's feet about this as well?

Also I'm pretty sure that TWI will bring out a female skin pack at some point. So if are one of the people who really needs to have a female skin to play with something will come along soon enough.

But yes nutterbutter, gamers these days are becoming self entitled little ****s, I've been saying as much for the past year.

Reactions: borsdy and Spicy
Upvote 0
But yes nutterbutter, gamers these days are becoming self entitled little ****s, I've been saying as much for the past year.

Self entitled to what?

How is 'asking' for one character to be 'sold' separately as DLC suddenly become self entitled?

I'm offering to pay for it, I'm not expecting it for free as I didn't for the other games I bought from TWI either.

It's not self entitlement it's a request to the devs to ask for something that has been asked for for a while on this forum and on the steam forums. Whether they listen to that request is up to them but I'm not expecting anything and I'm entitled to nothing.

Upvote 0
It's the fact you need to ask when you look at how TWI sticks to it's guns, like I said, the Ball char DLC, constantly (although not so much recently) threads pop up saying people would be willing to pay for it, but TWI decided it was for a special event thus it stayed as a special event.

Make all the points and suggestions you want, but I'd be very surprised if TWI went back on their word. It's one of the reasons I respect them as a game dev.

-EDIT-

And for the record I don't care about the skins primarily because I play on modded servers and can have any skin I want or care to create. But I may buy the Gold box just to have a shiny box for KF and to continue my support of TWI.

Last edited:
Upvote 0