• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M4 My Fav. Weapon

Yeah I was gonna say. No Commando weapon kills a Scrake quickly enough to be practical unless you have like a mile of space.
Not true. 14 rounds to face with SCAR, mag change, flinch with katana, and mag dump on face. If you do it right you don't lose 15hp (and that's without armor) Works like a charm on the testmap as lvl 6 commandant; hell, it even works with the AK!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not true. 14 rounds to face with SCAR, mag change, flinch with katana, and mag dump on face. If you do it right you don't lose 15hp (and that's without armor) Works like a charm on the testmap as lvl 6 commandant; hell, it even works with the AK!

baloney_colonel_klink_crop1.jpg

Ja Kommandant

Kommandant is German for Commander, not Commando, lol.

Upvote 0
Back when I was a low-level Commando, I'd dig the M4 and used it religiously to pop heads until I could get a SCAR. However, when I played Hard, I find that the M4 just isn't strong enough to put down specimens with a single headshot, and it's low DPH combined with high ROF made you empty your mag really quick and required a lot more reload. Since level 4 commando and to now, I rock the AK/SCAR combo because frankly, nothing beats it, except the FN FAL acog, which kicks so much a$$.

Upvote 0
I don't know why I can never get into the M4. It's recoil is too high and the reload is the longest of the assault rifles (i think). I used to always use the Scar and AK, but now I've solely used Scar and bullpup. Bullpup for headshotting trash zeds, and Scar for shooting Scrakes and Fp's.

I was always wondering if I was using the wrong strategy. I'm a level 6 Commando, and I pretty much only play on Normal difficulty. So which two commando guns are best to use and for what purpose?

Upvote 0
I'm a level 6 Commando, and I pretty much only play on Normal difficulty. So which two commando guns are best to use and for what purpose?

Personal preference, I use the AK/SCAR as I find the M4 goes through ammunition like a child eats chocolate.

I don't play normal anymore so you could probably get away with a SCAR and an off-perk weapon and still have plenty of ammunition left in the SCAR to deal with any panic moments.

Upvote 0
I don't know why I can never get into the M4. It's recoil is too high and the reload is the longest of the assault rifles (i think). I used to always use the Scar and AK, but now I've solely used Scar and bullpup. Bullpup for headshotting trash zeds, and Scar for shooting Scrakes and Fp's.

I was always wondering if I was using the wrong strategy. I'm a level 6 Commando, and I pretty much only play on Normal difficulty. So which two commando guns are best to use and for what purpose?

On normal you can easily get away with dual 9mm and the prochete.

In fact I know people who've gone level 6 commando with duals of every pistol in hoe for the first couple waves just for fun and done great. The reload time is so fast.

If you really want to be OP in normal just use the scar and m32. You will be able to toast anything you come across.

Upvote 0
Personal preference, I use the AK/SCAR as I find the M4 goes through ammunition like a child eats chocolate.

I don't play normal anymore so you could probably get away with a SCAR and an off-perk weapon and still have plenty of ammunition left in the SCAR to deal with any panic moments.

I don't really like to use off-perk weapons, unless I'm a medic.

What's better to use at scrakes/fleshpounds close at me? Scar, M4, or AK? I figured I like the bullpup too much to replace it, so should I back it up with Scar, M4, or AK?

Upvote 0
What's better to use at scrakes/fleshpounds close at me? Scar, M4, or AK? I figured I like the bullpup too much to replace it, so should I back it up with Scar, M4, or AK?

A sharpshooter, support or demo :p

If the scrakes and fleshpounds are too close find a better team.

I find the AK is more effective at close range as I already use the SCAR as a backup weapon. I'd prefer not to open fire on the scrakes/fleshpounds unless I have no other choice, obviously if he's ramming his chainsaw into your rib cage you've got no choice.

Upvote 0