• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Introducing the Tripwire Interactive Wiki

Nice, I'm assuming this is primarily for looking at the modding side of TWI's games, rather than general information about the game, i.e. it's not meant as a replacement to the current kf-wiki?

Hard to comment as I've never done any modding myself, but I'm sure a complete resource at the finger tips of experienced and up and coming modders will be well accepted ;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Will this include the lore behind the specimens creation?

There's a lot of lore behind some of the specimens that a lot of players have their own opinions about; I've been writing a lot behind the specimens (in a story-series thing) which I think would please the majority of players so I would be very happy if I could write the small lore behind the specimens to give the pages a bit of depth to them.

Anyway, back to the point, I'd really like to contribute to the wiki so if one you guys from Tripwire could back to me that be grand.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
Will this include the lore behind the specimens creation?

There's a lot of lore behind some of the specimens that a lot of players have their own opinions about; I've been writing a lot behind the specimens (in a story-series thing) which I think would please the majority of players so I would be very happy if I could write the small lore behind the specimens to give the pages a bit of depth to them.

Anyway, back to the point, I'd really like to contribute to the wiki so if one you guys from Tripwire could back to me that be grand.

I don't think you have to ask to be part of the wiki.

It's a wiki.

Just contribute, and as long as your facts are correct, they'll stay in, no?

Upvote 0
This is great, an official TWI wiki for their games. My only concern is that since registration is open to everyone, we don't get people like that "incredibly awesome" kf-wiki contributor who decided that scrakes have explosive resistance "contributing" to the official one. It would also be nice if there is some citation requirement as TWI guys and modders would like to have a reference to where certain game mechanics are found, i.e. shotgun penetration, bugs, etc.

Nice! :) Be sure to copy-paste all of the articles from kf-wiki.

not

Lol...almost missed the tiny "not" you got there ;).

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hey Yosh, I have a question.

Ages ago, a bunch of the old fogeys from the KF section and I put together a short guide for KF. It was a packed into one single post, but it got good feedback from other members, and covered lots of general tips for playing the game, including perks, weapons, a couple of tricks, and etiquette, however, it's rather outdated, what with the new guns, etc.

Do you encourage guides to the game and in-depth analysis to parts of the game? Not like a "hurr, this is a really neat way to kill fleshpounds, read on: ___" but one that gives tons of otherwise hidden facts and a breakdown of the most popular ways to use certain weapons, maps of maps, lots of numbers and spreadsheets, and so on. Like presenting a million facts that the community can use themselves.

There's a damned lot that we could write about that could span many pages, and it'd be great to have the community's efforts, findings, etc, all collaborated in one lovely place. We have what I have written up already, the findings of groups like Killing Floor's mythbusters, and we have stuff like Scary Ghost's in-depth look at the weapons with the use of the game's code.

If putting that kinda stuff on there is cool with you, I'll make a thread so we can start putting our info together so we can all help build the wiki after that. That'd be a huge contribution, I feel.

Upvote 0
Ages ago, a bunch of the old fogeys from the KF section and I put together a short guide for KF. It was a packed into one single post, but it got good feedback from other members, and covered lots of general tips for playing the game, including perks, weapons, a couple of tricks, and etiquette, however, it's rather outdated, what with the new guns, etc.

Can that be updated and added to the Wiki?

Their are many tactics/techniques/information guides for this game the amount of information on the Wiki is going to be huge.

I'd like to see a small section specifically for new players to the game, when the game is on a sale the Steam forums get a lot of posts from new players asking about the basics of the game.

Upvote 0
Hey Yosh, I have a question.

Do you encourage guides to the game and in-depth analysis to parts of the game? Not like a "hurr, this is a really neat way to kill fleshpounds, read on: ___" but one that gives tons of otherwise hidden facts and a breakdown of the most popular ways to use certain weapons, maps of maps, lots of numbers and spreadsheets, and so on. Like presenting a million facts that the community can use themselves.

There's a damned lot that we could write about that could span many pages, and it'd be great to have the community's efforts, findings, etc, all collaborated in one lovely place. We have what I have written up already, the findings of groups like Killing Floor's mythbusters, and we have stuff like Scary Ghost's in-depth look at the weapons with the use of the game's code.

If putting that kinda stuff on there is cool with you, I'll make a thread so we can start putting our info together so we can all help build the wiki after that. That'd be a huge contribution, I feel.

Those are fine for the wiki.

Upvote 0