• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IJC Whats Next? [New Weapon]

Hey guys chill!! It's just a weapon ;).
As you know you all can post your suggestions into our suggestion forums. The most liked suggestions will then get into a poll system and might get added to a weaponpack. We really would appreciate if you guys would do that, as this makes everything much easier for us.
Oh and don't miss the chance to vote for the weapon you like the best under these 3!!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey guys chill!! It's just a weapon ;).
As you know you all can post your suggestions into our suggestion forums. The most liked suggestions will then get into a poll system and might get added to a weaponpack. We really would appreciate if you guys would do that, as this makes everything much easier for us.
Oh and don't miss the chance to vote for the weapon you like the best under these 3!!
Thanks!

I'm too fat and lazy to register for your forum, but put a vote down for the Thompson. I would have voted for the RPG, but that's trailing way too far behind for me to make any difference, so Thompson it is.

Upvote 0
If we are going for the 50 or 100 round drum why not use the version with the higher rate of fire and forward wooden grip. I think there might have also been a prototype belt-fed version called the Persuader, but not sure and that is also a bit far.

Post this everywhere.

Post it in JC's PMs, his other thread, his forum, every thread on his forum, and in his letterbox.

The forward grip is just too sexy to leave out.

Upvote 0
The M1A1 as expected, guess that means no drum. Piety, that would be nice if the firebug. I still think the weapon could go with the firebug perk, but hard to tell though. The faster reload and more ammo would be nice.

Are you seriously want to use Tommy gun to set zeds on fire in S/A mode?!
I vote for Commando, large drum (50 or 100), high bullet spread and only F/A mode (no switching to S/A).

Upvote 0
Are you seriously want to use Tommy gun to set zeds on fire in S/A mode?!
I vote for Commando, large drum (50 or 100), high bullet spread and only F/A mode (no switching to S/A).

Actually, that is one way I wish to use it.

The debate as to which perk should receive this is difficult if we don't know the weight (blocks), and things like on-perk/off-perk cost of the weapon and it's ammunition, the ammunition quantity, and damage-dealt.

The Commando already has a SMG with a potentially high magazine capacity; it's called the Bullpup. I know, it's not supposed to be one, but, any examination of the underlying statistics, other than weight, would indicate that is exactly what it is.

And, to be fair, the Firebug already has a SMG, too. But, since it is the only bullet-based, perk-enabled weapon in the Firebug inventory, I think the need is greater, there. I mean, not counting any IJC shooters, the Commando already has four long-guns of one type or another.

As to semi-automatic vs. full-automatic fire? In semi-auto mode, a roughly 4.5kg weapon firing a pistol-class cartridge should have very little recoil. That is just simple physics. And, that low-recoil aspect should hold true across all perks, which is, IMO, a very good thing. I'm fine with it jumping around a little bit in full-auto, (it should still remain quite controllable), but I'd sure hate to see this become a full-auto only, marginally accurate jumpin'-jack that only one perk has the ability to manage effectively. That just limits it's general appeal and usefulness.

Not to mention the fact that the M1A1 is a selective-fire weapon IRL. (And, does not accept a drum-style magazine. I mean, I assume the lads had a reason to specifically choose the M1A1 over the earlier Thompsons; let's respect that decision.)

Reactions: borsdy
Upvote 0