• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DA2 - Dest been updating like crazy!

Looking forward to the new Specimen Survival mode. The old one was fun, but it was a bit broken because if you had a few people on the server, specimens could take multiple sniper rifle headshots, endure whole clips of rifle/shotgun rounds, and shrug off rockets unscathed. It took Heavy Turrets to reliably bring them down...

And that's not even starting on the "You must shoot him 50,000 times to kill him" Patriarch.

We had fun, but it was frustrating. I'm hoping it'll be a LOT better since it's been reworked.

Reactions: borsdy
Upvote 0
Beta is up on steam.

Run steam with this command: "Steam.exe -beta da2beta"

Although the stats/achievements still don't work. Because it isn't white listed (requires killing floor update). I hope TWI will pick this up with an future update for killing floor, so my time spended on this update wasn't for nothing (besides that I enjoyed doing it, while doing it).

Reactions: borsdy and Blockbot
Upvote 0
Haven't played DA2 before (or DA, for that matter) and thought it sounded promising. The thing I am wondering is why the only way I could find it through Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/35420/) was by not going through Steam, but through a Google search and then opening it from the web version of the store (DA2 didn't show up in searches there either). It also seems it isn't listed as a mod, but as a full action game.

A great mod is always welcomed and I just wanted for it to have an honest chance at reaching a bigger audience.

Reactions: borsdy
Upvote 0
Well, I played the first Beta and Dest fixed a lot of the technical issues (Ear-bleedingly loud sounds, various crashes, excessive motion blur, ect), but a ton of the gameplay issues were still alive and in full force, so everyone left.

Gotta make it so that it doesn't take multiple Assault Rifle clips or several Sniper Rifle headshots to take down Zeds in a high-player-count game. And also gotta make it so Zeds act more intelligently around defenses.

I think the big problem is how easy it is to mow down the zeds in long-range, wide-open areas (Everyone knows how easy it is in KF, with Mountainpass, so it's no surprise that it's easier with rocket launchers and gun turrets), but how ridiculously hard it is to take them down up close due to their massive HP, Damage, and movespeed.

Also, the Patriarch was ZERO fun to fight. A billion HP, so it didn't appear your guns were having any effect, coupled with the usual ridiculous damage he can throw out was a bad combo...

Upvote 0
Downloading 279.1 MBs for some reason

You downloading patch for DA2? have they finally heared my shouts?!? :O

I hope DA2 maybe the zombie version atleast, should be implanted as a gametype inside killing floor, (ofc there should still be that seperate download).

and change the "RO2 advertisement" to a mod advertisement/ mut advertisement. (I'm not tipsing about that you should make the RO2 advertisment to DA2 advertisement *hint hint*) there have been loads of posts complaining KF is like a "advertising ****ty F2P game" because of the advertisment. me: couldn't care less :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
steamupdate.jpg

confirming it. now why dont you tell us anything TWI!?!?

EDIT: well now I'm gonna use rest of my day of trying contacting DEST if the admins wont ansver :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0