• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

-Skins for Download-

Soldier Foster

soldierfoster.gif

I'm not bashing your work, i think you're doing a pretty good job and your thorne with a welding mask was cool. Just foster in the default army skin kinda makes me cringe since i hate the default skins that come with the game anyways.

On a side note, Why do half the characters in this game wear some sort of gas mask? This isn't l4d where it's some sort of infectious disease. These are clones we are killing. heh.

Upvote 0
I'm not bashing your work, i think you're doing a pretty good job and your thorne with a welding mask was cool. Just foster in the default army skin kinda makes me cringe since i hate the default skins that come with the game anyways.

On a side note, Why do half the characters in this game wear some sort of gas mask? This isn't l4d where it's some sort of infectious disease. These are clones we are killing. heh.

Which half of characters wear gas masks? I know of well, hmm maybe one? Which character in L4D or L4D2 wears a gas mask? Hmm I didnt know that L4Ds virus was airborne. Man I need to pay more attention to video game stories.

Upvote 0
Which half of characters wear gas masks? I know of well, hmm maybe one? Which character in L4D or L4D2 wears a gas mask? Hmm I didnt know that L4Ds virus was airborne. Man I need to pay more attention to video game stories.
Well i know at least mr foster and 2 others wear gas masks. Nobody in l4d wears a gas mask since they are all "carriers" and by definition immune to it as pointed out by the valve web comic. The virus in l4d is constantly mutating, sometimes it's airborne, sometimes it's not.

Upvote 0

Well I can think of 5 with Gask masks Lewis, Davin, Powers, Foster, and Gary Glover. 7 if you count Wilkes and Lee Baron.

I'd reckon they are modelled after the SAS, mostly because the British SAS are most known in the media for their assault on the Iranian Embassy when 6 terrorists held 26 hostages captive. When a hostage was killed and thrown from the embassy they breached with an explosive charge on the skylight, cut the power to the building and threw stun grenades in to disorientate the terrorists. This obviously required wearing gasmasks.

Since this is the most famous image of them, most people stereotype the SAS to wearing gas masks (albeit incorrectly), and since they are the best of the British Special Forces that serve as a role model to armed forces all over the world, it would be hardly surprising if Killing Floors DRF Troops (Disaster Response Force) were modelled after them :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May I ask what you had in mind?
I usually go by request

Well if you could somehow replace that god damned beanie of his with a military cap or something like the scout in TF2, or the Marine Sniper in COD4 I will rep you to the moon :p

And perhaps get rid of those wierd goggles. They aren't bad perce'... but he'd look a little less... odd without them. Mastersons eyes might be good :)

http://blackspiremedia.net/jasentamiia/destructoid/tf2-01/tf2pic01.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3614/3299088031_3613b07cd9.jpg

Can't think of where you'd get one right off the bat though... although now I think about it I think my character in Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 had one... of course they are customizable in that game so I dunno, but hey :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May I ask what you had in mind?
I usually go by request

Well, kinda hard to say actually lol. I say what Undedd Jester said, replace his beanie with something, you know, more cool. Also his googles need a slight edit, something about them I don't like, perhaps a simple re-color?

His jacket could also use some shine here and there, maybe a black and red jacket instead of grey and red.

Everything else seems find about his model and I appreciate you looking at this. Oh and 1 more thing, if you do edit him, keep the Skull mask, it's what makes him who he is.

Upvote 0
it looks like steam will be allowing the easy adding of custom content for TF2.....perhaps we'll be seeing this in KF soon, very soon :)

I really hope so :)

Also, wow 10,000 views, glad to see my "Work" is being used!

PROGRESS ON SKIN MUTATOR:
- Have verified that one is possible
- So far it looks like only one skin will be allowed per class otherwise it will take a freakishly long time to dl when joining a server
- Have hopefully found a willing coder (who shall remain anon for the time being)
-Anyone else who wants to help out with what might possibly be THE MOST ;) popular mutator ever plz pm me!

=Also looking for a Lance-Corporal Lee Baron skin as there are none :O)

Upvote 0
LOL!!! Enter The Mamushka..... Well done to whoever made that one.

Saldy "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable." :(

My guess is there must been some problem with megaupload lastnight when i saw your post i tried to upload the file again but i couldnt , the upload got stucked in some endless loop ; Anyway i say try again now mate , the file is available and working fine , i myself made the properly test.
Oh and btw i made The mamushka , im honestly glad you like it , she is not only cute but deadly and contrary as the rest of the soldiers she kills with style , always shinning with that pretty smile . ( huuuur huuuur huuuur ).

Mamushka and me apreciate you like it . Thanks.

Upvote 0