• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Current Map White List

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
You simply must make every attempt to contact them. Many of the mappers are no where to be found, never visit the forum anymore, or in a few cases, never even registered on our forums because we grabbed their map from somewhere outside the forums. So, if you cant get a hold of them, update the map and when you submit it for Whitelisting tell us that you tried to contact the original mapper. We will then try to contact them as well to see if they will give permission and if we don't hear back from them in a couple of days, we move forward without their permission.

Upvote 0
Why not make a thread for requesting remakes?

There are some good maps both on and off the whitelist which are in serious need of revamping and have been abandoned by the original authors. This way players can see what maps are in progress of a remake and who is working on them.

I am currently remaking KF-TrailoftheWoods since it was in desperate need of work and haven't been able to get in touch with Boxxxed.

Upvote 0
I really hate to bring this topic, but it is important.
If an author dissappeared and leaves his work as is, you should leave it as such. Yeah it is a shame it's not whitelisted then, but I also think that we would all like our work to be ours, with all its flaws. I hated edits of my works back in 2005, and I hate it now. I have relaxed hosting policies now, but I still wouldn't really like my works to be used as a base to be worked on. I know many UT mappers think of it as the same.
So if you edit a map that is not yours, would it not be some kind of stealing someone else's works even if you claim it to be his afterall? There are possiblities and I've debated them over a few times. Keep the map whitelisted with everything, or leave it be.
My KF-Works are free for all, but please respect other people's works and opinions.

Upvote 0
I really hate to bring this topic, but it is important.
If an author dissappeared and leaves his work as is, you should leave it as such. Yeah it is a shame it's not whitelisted then, but I also think that we would all like our work to be ours, with all its flaws. I hated edits of my works back in 2005, and I hate it now. I have relaxed hosting policies now, but I still wouldn't really like my works to be used as a base to be worked on. I know many UT mappers think of it as the same.
So if you edit a map that is not yours, would it not be some kind of stealing someone else's works even if you claim it to be his afterall? There are possiblities and I've debated them over a few times. Keep the map whitelisted with everything, or leave it be.
My KF-Works are free for all, but please respect other people's works and opinions.

I agree, but at the same time it's not like these maps need drastic changes. Adding a simple blocking volume here and there is hardly intrusive or much of a change. In the case of a more drastic change, I would have to say that I think the map should be left alone if the mapper can't be contacted since it's his/her property.

Upvote 0
I agree, but at the same time it's not like these maps need drastic changes. Adding a simple blocking volume here and there is hardly intrusive or much of a change. In the case of a more drastic change, I would have to say that I think the map should be left alone if the mapper can't be contacted since it's his/her property.

This is exactly the way we see it. We completely believe in leaving the map as is, but adding blocking volumes to fix exploits is not modifying the artistic integrity of the mappers work; it's just keeping their work from being pushed to the side due to it being removed from the Whitelist. I mean, lets be honest, if a map gets removed from the Whitelist, generally, it may as well have never been created in the first place, because almost no one will play it after that.

Upvote 0
This is exactly the way we see it. We completely believe in leaving the map as is, but adding blocking volumes to fix exploits is not modifying the artistic integrity of the mappers work; it's just keeping their work from being pushed to the side due to it being removed from the Whitelist. I mean, lets be honest, if a map gets removed from the Whitelist, generally, it may as well have never been created in the first place, because almost no one will play it after that.

Unless someone has a crazy fun modded server that perks are meaningless, and the maps are objective-based and require serious teammwork etc. like the original MOD.:) but yes, Agreed on your observation that most Retail KF players won't play if they can't level their perks.
Forgive the paragraph but I felt this was important to supporting the whitelist, so please read on:)
{OCS}OpticalShadows was annoyed when I pointed out that his maps were "fixed" so-to-speak. he had the original attitude of "If I wanted them "fixed" I'd have done it myself, and when I released them, they were fine according to us (us meaning my clan him etc.)
But now at least "I" see the benefit of the community wanting to fix an author's maps that are awesome, but just fall short of the criteria for TW's whitelist. Being a member of K.E.P.T. and seeing what goes on behind the scenes I appreciate the whiltelist now more than ever and have no issues with it, which is totally opposite of my original position on this whole approval thing to begin with.

Thanks Xenien for all your work on the whitelist, it seems to be working out well, and thanks to the K.E.P.T. team for their diligence and commitment to keeping TW's whitelist fair, just and basically just making a failed system to begin with, WORK.:)

KF-Extinction was our latest map to be whiltelisted. thanks!

...Seal...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hum, I have to say that I have a problem with KF-Horzine-warehouse-fin : there is a copy of a music from Europe : the final countdown.
And i think it is illegal, even if encoded in ogg.

There could be some legal pursuit. Just so you know.

.ogg is a file format similar to .wav or .mp3 files. I doubt including a soundtrack in a non-official map that has not been sold or reproduced in any way that involves money or profit will get you in trouble. If this was in an official grindhouse/mapping competition then the soundtrack will have to be replaced with something else that you have legal permissions to use such as the default killing floor music or custom music that you have made by oneself/with the help of others/made by somebody else and gave you legal rights to use it in your project.

Reactions: waccracker
Upvote 0
.ogg is a file format similar to .wav or .mp3 files. I doubt including a soundtrack in a non-official map that has not been sold or reproduced in any way that involves money or profit will get you in trouble. If this was in an official grindhouse/mapping competition then the soundtrack will have to be replaced with something else that you have legal permissions to use such as the default killing floor music or custom music that you have made by oneself/with the help of others/made by somebody else and gave you legal rights to use it in your project.

What he said =)

Reactions: YoYoBatty
Upvote 0