• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor - Toy Master: Bugs and Fixes

You guys should've at least put in the effort to whitelist an official mod as i have to delete KFCHARPUPPETS.u/.ucl everytime i want to host a LISTEN/Dedicated server if not the message "SECURITY CHECK FAILED" will keep popping up everytime which disables perk leveling and achievements =.='''
I think your complaints would be better taken up in your own thread about the official mod. This is just a thread for the fixes I made back in October/November (2014).

Upvote 0
After some serious bug testing (and banging my head against all the walls of my dorm), I think I figured out why, usually, servers are crashing on map change.
So what was the reason behind that?

I am also hosting a server and would like to add the Toy Master game mode to it. I have noticed when I change to or from the Toy Master mode, the server crashes. But once I get in, it runs fine no crashes. But this was using the official mod downloaded and not your fixed version. However I never noticed those hitbox bugs which is interesting.

Is V4 ready? Or will it take a while and I should just try out your V3 one for now, while waiting for V4 release and to see if it crashes the server on map/mode change for me?

Upvote 0
Still crashes for me....

Still crashes for me....

Nope, V3 is still crash prone for me. Start the server on standard game mode, then switch to Toy Master game mode and crash. If I do manage to switch and get in without it crashing then it may crash when I vote for the same map(so for example I die or wanna play same map again), whilst still being in Toy Master mode. I haven't yet tested whether it crashes when I am in Toy Master mode and want to switch out to standard game more or Objective mode as I can not even get this far without crashing...

What I have notice is that if I set the batch file to boot straight into Toy Master mode, it doesn't crash, but sometimes on the map restart, for example I died and want to try again or survived but still want another go on a harder difficulty or whatever, it crashes.:eek:

Upvote 0
He abandoned v4, the last post on here was a year ago.
You dont need to run Dollhouse on Toy Master, just change its type from "Toy-" to "KFO-" and it should run on objective mode just fine.
Did he? There's no post that says something along the lines of "Sorry I've now given up on this because I have other more important life matters to attend to, so if anyone here would like to pick up where I left off, give us a yell and I'll pass it on to you."

After a few games I noticed the end boss (Jack) is easier to beat than from the original mod.

Anyways, maybe he's taking a break? Or he's still working on it, but not updating the thread because he's still working on V4? The last time he was online was about 10 days, so he should get at least some sort of notification and come back and answer my questions.... If not then, ok I agree it is abandoned....

Hmm, server seems to crash when I try to access webadmin on the defaults tab.....I think the Toy Master mode somehow screwed it up.... However accessing the current tab doesn't crash it.....

Don't want to add that to the dedicated server if it will crash that since it crashes for my home dummy server....

EDIT:
Yeah the M79 and M32 definitely does more damage against Jack now that the base direct damage is also included and not just only their explosion damage.

Anyways, I think I found the cause of my crashes - it would appear once you have more than 10 entries in the mapvote option, the server crashes when changing maps or when you login into web admin and fiddle around with the options there. I have verified that as once I entered the 11th entry and and start the server, it will crash upon logging into web admin and fiddle with the options there or join and then change maps. Once the 11th entry is removed, the server appears to be stable.

So maybe the crashes from V3 have been fixed and it was only my end because I had more than 10 entries. Well that sucks, coz that means I can't have Standard game mode and all their respective difficulty choices, Objective mode and all their respective difficulty choices, Toy Master mode and all their respective difficulty options, Gun Game, possibly scrn next along with all their difficulty options and any other game modes I don't know about(I've heard about Doom3KF and DeadSpace game modes...) that I might be incline to add to my dedicated server to make it diverse and unique compared to other servers that don't even have another game mode besides the one it carries, and say you wanna do some Objective and take a break from the standard game mode, you have to leave the server and jump onto another that has objective mode and the map you wanna play on. But with mine, I want it so that it has everything in one spot so you don't have to jump to another server coz this doesn't have that or you know.

Oh and the server is offline because I'm updating it to the latest 1065 build and waiting till I manage to solve my issue(which I have now) about the crashes as you can see in the banner below this reply....

Oh and I forgot, yes the Toy Master map can be renamed to KFO and it works fine under Objective mode. And it's also nice to know Greylisted (this toy map) and Whitelisted(any other whitelisted such as Steamland) maps work together fine, meaning once you change over to a Whitelisted map, you get back perk progression and the return back to the Greylisted one, it is paused and any progress made will be lost on map restart or map/mode change. I would have thought once you switch over to a map/mode that's Greylisted, suddenly your server becomes Greylisted for the remaining period of time until server reset.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you checked his last online visit, you would see that he is making and checking stuff for KF2 now (like most people).
If you also checked his visit, i think it would have been better to send the guy a PM to see what happened to v4 or atlease see if he could release the current state of it.
Oh, I only checked when he was last online and never went any further than that. hahaha So that's what he's been up to. Fair enough.

Ok, I'll give him a PM to see what the status is like.

Oh and I think there appears to be a character limit, rather than number of entries for the KFMapVote.ini file, if it exceeds 4678 characters(the entire file so from start at the top all the way down to the bottom end, not just counting the characters of the entries, the server will crash upon map reset or map/mode change, as I managed to squeeze in KF Gun Game mode as the 11th entry with Country tags on, but was unable to add the min and max player option so that bots could come in and join the fun without the server crashing on map change.;)

So that means you're also limited on the amount of mutators, game modes and such that you can have on one server. This means, for me, if I want to add a Doom 3 KF, Dead Space KF, SCRN and other game modes and options - I will need to setup another server.......................................

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've noticed now that if you don't have the original mod install client side, the server will not send out these files for you to download(I've never noticed as I had it pre-install client-side and only noticed when a friend tried to join and it crashed for him a few times so I thought I might try it myself to see if it was him or it happens to anyone who doesn't have the mod install client-side):
KFCharPuppets.ucl, TOY-DevilsDollhouse.int, ToyGame.ini (but this is mainly for hosting the server), TOY_Server_Launcher.bat (same with this, mainly for hosting a server), TOY-Playhouse.int, TOY-Playhouse.ucl, KF_PuppetHUD.utx, babydollRagdoll.ka, pinwheelRagdoll.ka, VentriloquistRagdoll.ka, TOY-DevilsDollhouse.rom(originl map name, but I've renamed it to KFO-[Greylisted]DevilsDollhouse.rom, but this the original map so that doesn't really matter).
Here's some screenshots of the fail death animation:
Spoiler!

And of the few trials I've had to test if this is consistent or if it's just a one off issue, I've only crashed five times as can be seen in the attached picture of this post. The top being oldest and the bottom being more recent.

So yeah, it looks like you need to have the original mod installed client-side to play this map without any issues, as the files downloaded for the V3 is complete - so you don't have to worry about this part of it. Is there a way to force the clients to download the remaining missing files, except of course the batch file and that ini file?

I've read someone said it could be the Karma files not downloaded and this causes the issues and I think he said(OP) he can't do anything about it....?

Here's another screenie:

Attachments

• Crashes.jpg
    Crashes.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its all because servers cant redirect *.ka (karma data) files. Use music downloader.
Are is that what you use to fix this? Cheers - I'll check it out. Wait, so why can't servers re-direct those .ka files? Is it some sort of limitation or a setting that is switched off or something?

Spoiler!
Yeah, sorry I've fixed it up - I just tried to memorize the format for that from the steam forums....and got it right as there was no option in this forum that I can just click with my mouse and does the spoiler tags for me, whatever/however they're coded, different forums uses different methods of achieving the same result.

EDIT:

Ok, it doesn't work, still gives me crashes and the death animation isn't fixed either (when just adding the redirect server and nothing more, and then adding those extra three lines to *force* download those karma files -which downloads even if you are not using the map that needs that - for example starting out in WestLongdon and it just downlaods babydollragdoll.ka and puts it into the KarmaData folder even though the map doesn't require it - but I suppose it gets you ready for when you do need it.) in the ini file:
Code:
[MusicLoader.MusicMut]
MainDownloadLink=www.skillzservers.com/kf-redirect/
CustomKarmaFiles=babydollragdoll
CustomKarmaFiles=pinwheelragdoll
CustomKarmaFiles=ventriloquistragdoll
Recent screenshots of crashes in attachment.

Screenshot:

Nevermind it works, just needed to restart the game, or let it crash and then restart the game....heh. Should pop up an option to restart the game to register the new files like it did when accepting the client files for the music loader....

Also the mut is greylisted so if it loads, any and all maps you play on, steam stats are not progress-able. If I can somehow make this work, I'll probably make another game mode option and have it load only on that whilst not touching the whitelisted part of the server.

Righto, thanks!

Attachments

• Crashes.png
    Crashes.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Skell;n1944218 said:
That is completely out of my hands. V3 just needs a couple more tests before it's ready. After that it'll be up to Alex and David if they're interested.
Anyone know where these guys are?

Skell;n1944344 said:
It's not just one new room. The plan is to have a second map!

The Babydoll never had flamethrower in the KF assets. It has had scissors in its hand since day 1.

I think I'm going to wait a little before working on version 4. Gotta wait for bug reports!

Oh that would have been awesome on V4.....along with those three extra uber dummies...

Also does anyone know the changelog for V1? It would seem V3 replaced V1's changelog instead of appending to it....

Upvote 0