• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Killing Floor Games] Sign up here!

KFSignup_zpsdadc7e98.jpg

Official Killing Floor Games Trailer - YouTube

Ladies and Gentlemen!

My name is Mart, staff member and organiser of the event "Killing Floor Games", with this post i would like to welcome everybody to the Killing Floor Games and open the sign-ups for the games.
Time for some action and events in the Killing Floor Community!

[Tournament update]

We would like to inform all teams and their members of a new update for this tournament. The following changes will take place, take note that this will be the last update. Expect changes for future tournaments, however.

Changes
-The Rules section has been updated on our official website ( Reminder; all players interested in entering the tournament must read the rules and information on the official KFG website).
-Teams can now vote on end trader time, meaning you can end trader time when your team wants, this pumps up the compentive level during the tournaments.

-During the veterans' tournament, all players will be forced to level 6. People who reset their perks can enter the tournament!
-The tournament has become international-friendly, thus we expanded our choice of servers to France (EU), Seattle (USA), New York (USA) and Sydney (Australia).
-
[Scrn] Total Game Balance mutator has been removed and is being replaced by a simpler mutator which allowes teams to skip remaining trader time.
-Two days before the tournament begins, teams and players will be allowed to practice on the offical KFG servers; all servers will be set up according to the rules of the Beginner's Tournament, the same will be done for the Veteran's Tournament.
-The sign up form has changed; teamleaders can now post which server location they would preferably play on.

What is the Killing Floor Games exactly?
The Killing Floor Games is a returning event for the game Killing Floor, it consist of two different tournaments, beginners and veterans, we did this so everybody can enter the tournament and also keep the veterans and advanced players challenged, the event is also sponsored by Tripwire Interactive and Pingperfect.

You can read everything about the event on (please do so before you sign up):http://www.killingfloorgames.com

How to sign up?
Easy, just post the following format in this topic, here the format:

Team name:
Team leader:
Team members:
Reserved time slot:
Server location: You can pick from
France (EU), Seattle (USA), New York (USA), Sydney (Australia)
Extra info:

Example sign up post
Team name: Terminator's
Team leader: Arnold
Team members:
Arnold, Sarah, John, T-1000, Dr.Silberman, Miles
Reserved time slot: Saturday 3 May, 4 PM
Server location:
New York
Extra info:
None

Saturday 3 May (Beginners)

Closed

Sunday 4 May (Beginners)
Closed

Saturday 17 May
(Veterans)
Closed

Sunday 18 May (Veterans)
Closed

Servers
Server name: [PINGPERFECT - FRANCE] [KILLING FLOOR GAMES]
IP Adres: 94.23.241.157:7707

Server name: [PINGPERFECT - NEW YORK] [KILLING FLOOR GAMES]
IP Adres: 192.3.206.154:7707

Server name: [PINGPERFECT - SEATTLE] [KILLING FLOOR GAMES]
IP Adres: 76.164.195.154:7707

Server name: [PINGPERFECT - SYDNEY] [KILLING FLOOR GAMES]
IP Adres: 109.200.214.96:7707

Something important we have to keep in mind for the tournament?
-Make sure you and your team member read all rules carefully
-When you sign up make sure you have 6 team members
-When you sign up, dont book a timeslot that is already booked
-Once you sign up the team leader of your team will receive a private message with further instructions (To all leaders, keep 2 eyes open on your private message inbox!)
-All times are in CET (Central European Time)
-As of now we will keep the whole event at a limit of 20 teams (10 for beginners, 10 for the veterans)
-At the Beginners Tournament at Sunday 4 May at 8 PM CET Timezone, we will have 5 minutes break, this is because some countries there is a Remembrance of the Dead.

Searching for a team?
Look no longer further, we have a topic where people can come together and set up their team.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=98635

Questions?
You can send me a message here on the Tripwire boards, if you would like to be added to our Steam group just send me your steam profile link and i will invite you! Even if you are just a fan, like to be informed etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Link doesn't work.

Is this actually backed by Tripwire Interactive? You have their logo under the sponsored thing along with that random server host. Could we get someone from TWI staff to confirm?

Link works now, we had to post the other topic earlier.
Yes we had contact with Tripwire earlier and got their permission on everything we do here.
If you want more info regarding this you may PM Yoshiro or Wilsonam about it.

http://www.pingperfect.com

Random? It's a proffesional company that provides gaming servers.

The topic has just been made sticky by Tripwire and you can email Pingperfect regarding this matter but the answer will be the same as i gave you already.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Who are you and where did you come from?

Also how do you think you're going to get enough people to pay into this to live up to your prizes. You must be advertising in some really active place where people actually play Killing Floor.

In addition.
"No cheating or glitching during the tournament, if caught, your whole team WILL be disqualified."
Explain both of these. Because some very notorious glitches that exist are the norm because they have been that way for so long. Some things that are either complete code oversights or otherwise.

"The team with the best time score wins the tournament!"
How does that make sense as an accurate way to judge? Bad spawns as well as things getting stuck will negatively impact a group. Speed to complete a map is a really cop out way to judge things.

"Players are not permitted to switch perks during their game. The perk you select during the spawn screen will be your final perk so CHOOSE WISELY."
Why?

"Although we agree it's pretty cool, players are not permitted to stick explosives to themselves."
Spoiler!

Finally - Do you guys need a graphical artist? I'm pretty decent.

Upvote 0
I have to agree with every one of these points. This tournament's rules aren't fleshed out, scoring is a cop-out at best and presentation is meh.

This is your first (in what could be multiple) tournaments for KF. You'd have gained more by giving out smaller prizes and removing the entry fee. There will be problems and complications you can't foresee along with feedback you need to actually get people interested.

In later tournaments (if you chose to do more), sure, have an entry fee but, right now, this tournament looks like a suspicious, poorly-made tournament.

It doesn't help that you're spamming a thread with the video without even contributing to the topic.

Upvote 0
For the first part, he is right, this place is currently dead. It's usually the same old farts that hang here.
I see a sticky thread on Steam Community... But that place is filled with noobs who only ask obvious or repetitive questions.
Including a link to both the Steam-unity thread and Steam group to the OP would be nice.

Yes, TWI doesn't fix certain things in game... Be it beneficial to the player or not. Also what about keybinding stuff? Is those legit?

About the map speed, what if a crawl gets stuck on west London as always? And the team waste minutes hunting for the last zed to realize its behind a wall (unshootable). Those minutes, even a small amount matter a lot.

Lastly, arblarg makes kewl gifs.

Upvote 0
Map's playtime is more a matter of luck than a matter of skill. Of course, it can filter some teams, where 5 players die during a wave and last one is kiting the rest of the zeds. Or when team chooses safe and slow spot in opposite to fast and challenging one. But in other cases, if several teams choose the same camping spot, then the winner generally will be determined by amount of stuck zeds.

Adding such features as:
Code:
MVOTE BORING
MVOTE END TRADE
would really help to apply rule "less time = more skill", if you know what I mean.

Upvote 0
As much as I would like to discuss every single detail with you, this is not on topic as this thread is purely for if you wish to sign up for the Killing Floor Games. You can always PM me your questions here on
the forums as mentioned in the main post of this topic. We appreciate your feedback and always like to hear your vision of the KFG. Feel free to tell us what you think, but we do ask that you keep criticism constructive.

@Argblarg
Thanks for the offer, we will keep in touch with you via PM.

@DMN 66
Will answer your questions via PM.

@Poosh
Thanks for those idea's, we appreciate this!

We will have more tournaments coming and we see the current tournaments as a development over time, meaning
that things aren't written in stone and things can change easily.
As of now it is a fun "small" tournament, where anybody can join, if you want to win
big prizes, you're at the wrong tournament. (But who knows what we can do for the Killing Floor community in the future!)
At the moment there is a low sign-up fee (remember that you can spread it out through your whole team), then again there is also prizes you can win, yes you have to pay but this is clearly written on our website.

If this tournament was anything near suspicious or poorly made, we wouldn't get any sponsors, we wouldnt make a website
and go public in so many ways and nor would Tripwire sticky this topic in the forum. Making announcements and setting sticky status' to threads is an administration task and belongs to the staff only
on this forum (this is the Tripwire forum after all).
We had a lot good feedback regarding our presentation/event and some people cant wait to enter (2 teams for sure and 7 teams in the wait), we know things aren't perfect but since we are volunteers, we can't throw thousands of dollars towards this, we have worked hard to get this all happening and do our best to keep things improving and try to please as many people as we can.
And finally we knew that hosting a tournament wasn't easy and we get people with different visions here, but you are not forced
to enter this tournament if it does not fit to your liking.
As for events happening that result in unfair gameplay, we will find a solution to that when a problem arises, we will
follow the teams during the livestream as well to make sure things go as they should. In a way each tournament/game always has it's "debates", hence why sport games need referees.
Through time things will be tested, some things will need testing if they work or not.

I will still hold a revision on the tournament on feedback received, meaning that it is possible a set of adjustments can come. I also received some nice idea's through PM and here in this topic.

If you have questions or want to discuss further you can send me a PM, now lets leave this topic to sign-ups only and where this topic is mentioned for.

Thank you all for your cooperation.

Upvote 0
You have to pay to get into this thing?? Nuts to that! I was debating checking it out at some point in the future when I had some spare time, but I was already kind of skeptical of the concept of a KF tournament, but paying for it? Nuts to that, I'll go play some games with my friends thanks.

The price of 2 beers (or any non-alcoholic substance) at a pub? I don't see the issue myself. I'd be up fpr it, but I would like to know where the servers are located so I could get a chance to get some practice in before hand (been going a lot worse than usual lately, and I highly doubt that the servers would be located in Australia).

Last edited:
Upvote 0