• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Calamity Four player?

Sgt TastyWheat

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 11, 2011
Can I just start off by saying: amazing job on the gsme guys. Calamity is better than I could ever imagine. Love it and have been playing it nonstop. There is only a few questions I have about the game if any of you know the answers.

1. On the ouya website and images released it clearly shows four players on the screen. Also, while in the shop it is easy to see that 2 more menus would fit in perfectly. Yet the Ouya seems to offer only a two player option. Can their be four players?
2. Will online muiltplayer be an option? I understand that tripwire had not said if killing floor will be on other platforms, but will you introduce muiltplayer online to calamity on ouya?

If the devs are reading this I want you to know, as a fan of kf and a disapointed fan of the ouya I am impressed. This is the best game on ouya and if more devs made games like this for the console, the gaming industry would be different. Thank you!

Just a random thought on Christmas Eve.

Maybe you can write a script that checks the framerate and if it drops under a certain value less ZEDs are spawned/on screen.

No idea if that could help, is possible or isn't done already :IS2:

The amount of shooting is the most heavy on the tegra 3. So sadly decreasing zeds only give us vary little. The physics for weapons with high rate of fire is what makes most the lagg. Could probably gain some if we took away with the ragdoolls on the zeds but that would be kind of boring : P.

Upvote 0
I realize that I'm digging up an old thread here, but wanted to see if this was still a valid option for 4 player support. I bought this back on the Ouya when it came out and it was a big hit with a lot of my friends. We even did play some of the 4 player mode (lag and all) and it was still a lot of fun.

I'm looking to upgrade to an Nvidia Shield TV in the very near future and I see that this runs great on there (and the price of $4.99 is an ABSOLUTE STEAL.) Does the android version support 4 players with the code? Can anyone confirm this? Would LOVE to play this with 4 players on an optimized (and much more powerful) system!

Upvote 0