• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some words from the Developer

Robin

Grizzled Veteran
May 3, 2011
Hello all!

Some might know me from Dwarfs. Now back again with this new game developed with Tripwire. I'm thinking I should open this thread to answer some questions and talk about the development of the game. : )

Calamity is in many ways a project built out of my long love for games as they where. When I was a kid (still am in many ways : P ) I loved to play games with my brother and my friends, I think many of you here are the same. I will never forget the long battles of Heroes hot-seat or a my first console games playing until my parents turned of the power to the console. It's an era of games that I think in many ways is hard to find nowadays in the pile of Gears of Wars and Call of something or other. Don't get me wrong I love those games as well but I miss the not split screen co-op of the old days.

There where something special playing next to each other in the sofa or in front of the PC. Even if I love online play, to be able to do one screen co-op and working within the Killing Floor brand has been a blast.

I really like the concept of just sitting down picking up a controller with your friends and picking up some beer and pizza and then hammering each other trying to beat the different difficulties. The Ouya gave a chance for independent developers to use the same idea as Steam but now for the TV.
It's not perfect but it is a lot of fun. : )

This is not the be all end all Killing Floor, and as Tripwire called us in I'm sure their release plans and schedule is not hurt by our little venture into what a couch retro experience with Killing Floor could be. The reactions that we got from when we let players try the game on PAX, most who were hardcore fans of the franchise and had over 2000 h played, loved it and told us they now wanted to get an Ouya.

Personally I think there is room for some good old couch gaming in a world of AAA and big shooters but that's just me : ). So now if you guys have any questions, ask away and I will try to answer them as well as I can.

Sincerely,
Robin Flodin

Hermione-Raising-Hand.gif

Ohhh ooooh pick me!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Okay, well I have 3 questions.

1) Is there going to future patch/updates , such as bug fixes, added content, or maybe the modifiers from the original (i.e. nothing but Clots the entire match) or stuff like that ?

2) Do you have any plans for a potential console release ? I know there's stuff going around that it may be going to PC and stuff, which is cool and all, but since it's built with a controller in mind ( OUYA ) , I personally think that it would be better to be released on consoles, especially with Sony and Microsoft's push to support indies, and give you the power/ability to upgrade graphics, add 4 player co-op and online :D

3) .... Why the freak did you make Hard and Hell SO HARD ?! I've finished all of Beginnner, Normal, have a level 20 Commando and 16 Berserker, and can't pass wave 3 because Husks one shot me if I don't have armor, enemies move insanely fast, and are all bullet sponges. I understand it's meant to be hard, but I don't know if i'll be able to solo Hard , let alone Hell. Friends aren't over enough to sit down and do that :/

Anyways, besides the difficulty thing, I think the game is phenomenal and definitely worth the $15. It's a blast to play with many, many hours of replayability. :D (btw, the leafblower is a terrible, but hilarious, gun lol)

Upvote 0
1, and 2, is up to trip to answer : ). But we have made to small updates for it so far. 3, We wanted players to have something to strive for and work with for a long time not finish to fast or easy we think this will give gamer who love the game even more satisfaction when they beet it. It's what a true achievement
in a game looks like : )

Upvote 0