• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor: Calamity launches on OUYA!

And here it is - now available to buy on the OUYA - Killing Floor: Calamity.
Some details:

• A new take on the smash PC hit Killing Floor, designed and built specifically for couch gaming on the OUYA in a top-down Arcade Shooter format!
  • Play solo or with a friend with 2 player Co-op on one screen. Now you can literally laugh in your friends' faces when they get chewed up by a Fleshpound!
  • 21 of your favorite playable characters from the PC version.
  • All 10 Zeds from the Clot to the Patriarch are included and are as least as dangerous as ever.
  • 7 Perks upgradeable to Level 20, with added new special abilities.
  • 9 new maps specifically designed for top down shooter mayhem.
  • 35 unique weapons

Thank you guys for all your time and hard work bringing this to the Ouya! I am loving the game. Never played the original on PC but will have to check it out! Thanks again!

Oh and thanks for the promo code for a discount on the system. Just picked up my fourth one. Just need someone to gift it too lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you guys for all your time and hard work bringing this to the Ouya! I am loving the game. Never played the original on PC but will have to check it out! Thanks again!

Oh and thanks for the promo code for a discount on the system. Just picked up my fourth one. Just need someone to gift it too lol

Check out the humble bundle, it is probably the fastest and cheapest way to try out the original PC Killing Floor atm.

Upvote 0
I just tried the tutorial:

It's a more "arcade" version of KF.
Simple and pretty fun.

THe things not going in the right direction are:

-The 3D engine seems to move enough smoothly, but it seems to me under 30 fps
-The enemies are appearing from nothing, infront of the player. This is NOT a good thing, talking about the quality of the "game design" element.
-No Xbox360 controller compatibility.
If I start the game with that pad, it goes stuck on a black screen.

....From my "first 10 minutes of play", I can say that people loving first person shooters (as the first Killing Floor), can continue to live happy without Calamity spin-off.
BUT this isn't an ugly game, only needs some refine work. It's a classic dual stick shooter, similar to the old "Nation Red" but with perks and the other cool things from the KF world.

Upvote 0
I play KF on PC, and also a owner of a OUYA. And like most say they where expecting the real FPS KF. And from all the people I know and from playing it its on way worth 15. No online, not the FPS. its got only 65 out of the whole community, which is 1000's. Might wanna look to brining the FPS if you all want the money.

Upvote 0

Lol, gift it to me! My bloody internet refused to let me checkout at the Ouya site , so I totally missed out on the $40 savings :(

Upvote 0
I play KF on PC, and also a owner of a OUYA. And like most say they where expecting the real FPS KF... Might wanna look to brining the FPS if you all want the money.

An Unreal Engine FPS on a Tegra 3 chip, with a few friends and a ton of zeds? Ummm... will either run like ***, or look like ***, or both :)

Upvote 0
We have a line of sight system!

Oh, I have not realized that. I'll play the game more, this weekend :)

p.s.

please, X360 wired controller support...

thousands-of-users-beg-google-not-to-shut-down-their-source-of-news.jpg

Upvote 0
Would be interesting to see if Steambox controllers work w/ ouya at all. For the time being I'll be looking forward to trying an old logitech dual action.

most say they where expecting the real FPS KF.

I'm not sure I follow. Expecting something requires knowledge of its existence and every bit of press that provides evidence of Calamity has been very clear about what kind of game it is.

Upvote 0