• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Calamity on Vita and ps4?

Sgt TastyWheat

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 11, 2011
So now we know that Tripwire is willing to work with Sony with their latest announcement about killing floor 2 being in ps4. Is their any chance that calamity could be released on any Sony consoles? The twin sticks on the Vita are great for twin joystick shooters like Calamity.

Calamity is such a great game. I bought is upon release and still play it at least once a week. The game is addicting on the ouya if you use a ps4 controller.

Yet i want to be able to share this game with my friends, and most of them do not have an ouya. Not to mention, Calamity looks as though it was originally designed for 4 players, with the ouya not capable of handling that it fell through. With the game on ps4 and vita it seems like it would be able to handle the game.

TRIPWIRE! THIS IS SUCH A GOOD GAME! PLEASE LET OTHERS EXPERIENCE IT BY RELEASING IT ON STEAM OR VITA/PS4!!!!

Calamity was planned for Steam at one point. It was on SteamDB and had achievements. Don't know what happened then.
I don't think TWI mentioned this but it was shown during NYCC '14 that calamity is being worked on for tablets. It should be out some time.

Also vita sucks, just release it on 3DS, they have a much larger user base.

Upvote 0
Calamity was planned for Steam at one point. It was on SteamDB and had achievements. Don't know what happened then.
I don't think TWI mentioned this but it was shown during NYCC '14 that calamity is being worked on for tablets. It should be out some time.

Also vita sucks, just release it on 3DS, they have a much larger user base.

I was suggesting the Vita/ps4 because:
it is a sony product and we now know that Tripwire is willing to work with sony.

The game was designed for a ps3 controller (it has ps3 controller support on ouya)

While the 3DS has a larger market the vita is a fantastic system and everyone I've talked to about owning one, including myself, loves the system. The cartridge games for it are not so great but the market place games make the whole system worth it. That is not even mentioning the back catalog of PS1 and PS3 games.

The Vita and the ps4 reflect that controller set up better than the 3ds and nintendo has a bad reputation for 3rd party devs, especially independent ones on their market place. Not as bad as Microsoft but still.

I like the 3ds as well and wouldn't mind calamity on that system either. I just figured with the news of publishing KF2 on ps4, it might be possible that tripwire will publish more games on sony consoles.

If you have any information on calamity coming to tablets and know where to link me to more info on it please let me know. I just want this game to be better recognized.

Upvote 0