• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wall crawling crawlers in Incursion?

half_baked

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 3, 2012
https://uploadvr.com/killing-floor-incursion-gdc-preview/

If you look at the provided article and scroll down to bottom picture you will see this

Spoiler!

Assuming this picture is ingame from KF:I, could this mean wall crawling crawlers will make it into KF2?

Betcha they are pre-defined wallcrawling paths; not dynamic. Given how 'placed' everything needs to be for VR to work, there will likely be pre-defined paths for most things.

A similar system in KF2 might be better than nothing but it would also get old /really/ quickly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
defekt_;n2287757 said:
Betcha they are pre-defined wallcrawling paths; not dynamic. Given how 'placed' everything needs to be for VR to work, there will likely be pre-defined paths for most things.

A similar system in KF2 might be better than nothing but it would also get old /really/ quickly.

Unless they would take time and create a path mesh for crawlers to be able to walk on walls or ceilings in some portions of the map, they could take their favourite paris map and experiment with it, adding mesh in the metro, bridge and that office building where trader is located, shouldn't be too difficult.

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2287758 said:
Unless they would take time and create a path mesh for crawlers to be able to walk on walls or ceilings in some portions of the map, they could take their favourite paris map and experiment with it, adding mesh in the metro, bridge and that office building where trader is located, shouldn't be too difficult.

That would be pretty sick in the metro area... but I still don't expect to ever see this.

It would definitely add a neat element to the game though.

Upvote 0
defekt_;n2287757 said:
Given how 'placed' everything needs to be for VR to work, there will likely be pre-defined paths for most things.

This makes no sense. You clearly don't own a VR head set. Most games I play I can run around the entire map killing **** JUST like I do on my monitor. Only difference is my view is decoupled from my weapons and it feels like your actually there. Other than that the games play is EXACTLY the same.

Yes , some developers are afraid that people will get sick if they add full movment so they make stationary games. But the top played vr games at this moment do not use that method of play. There are some movement systems now that give very few people vr sickness and let them run around using the controllers ONWARD is one of the. I am a hardcore mouse and keyboard fan boy and it took only 1 hour of playing ONWARD to realize that this is the future of gaming. It is so much fun to actually hold the gun and move it around in space to kill vs a mouse.

Go go try a real VR game.

Upvote 0
Expediter;n2288945 said:
Yes , some developers are afraid that people will get sick if they add full movment so they make stationary games. But the top played vr games at this moment do not use that method of play. There are some movement systems now that give very few people vr sickness and let them run around using the controllers ONWARD is one of the. I am a hardcore mouse and keyboard fan boy and it took only 1 hour of playing ONWARD to realize that this is the future of gaming. It is so much fun to actually hold the gun and move it around in space to kill vs a mouse.
Yeah, we get it; you like Onward. Message received. Now stop creaming yourself all over the forum about it.

If you know anything about TWI you'll also know that they've already decided what they're going to do and no amount of 'mark my words' from you is going to change that.

Upvote 0
defekt_;n2288992 said:
Yeah, we get it; you like Onward. Message received. Now stop creaming yourself all over the forum about it.

If you know anything about TWI you'll also know that they've already decided what they're going to do and no amount of 'mark my words' from you is going to change that.

Actually I like killing floor. Otherwise I wouldn't be posting in every thread begging them to make a real VR game and not a teleporting mess. If devs make games like that then people like you can continue to misinform and pretend like you know what your talking about.

you obviously don't own VR no need to troll in a VR sub forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
defekt_;n2289037 said:
Well paint me convinced. You've bludgeoned me into compliance by sheer weight of posts and insults. Here's hoping you can similarly bludgeon TWI into making the game you so clearly want.

Keep trolling man I'm sure it makes you feel important, and pointing out that you have no idea what your talking about is not an insult it is just a fact. Why would you post something so matter of fact when you actually had no idea ? And then get mad at me for pointing it out. no need to attack. You don't even want to play this game so I just don't get why your in here ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Expediter;n2289041 said:
Keep trolling man I'm sure it makes you feel important, and pointing out that you have no idea what your talking about is not an insult it is just a fact. Why would you post something so matter of fact when you actually had no idea ? And then get mad at me for pointing it out. no need to attack. You don't even want to play this game so I just don't get why your in here ?
I feel like we've got off on the wrong hoof.

I appreciate how difficult it can be to express one's self when one's petticoat gets all up in a bunch, so you do let me know when you've finished editing your response and we'll see how things progress between us. (I think I've seen it change three times; it's in danger of seeing more reboots than Spiderman!) I'm hoping for a love story the likes of which never before seen on these 'ere for a.

Come on, we can make it happen! Love always finds a way.

Upvote 0