• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Coop & Free Movment = Unplayable Stutter for joined player

Dakor

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 13, 2017
Hi, I'm a long time Killing Floor Fan. I played it back when it was just a Mod, KF1 has accompanied me and my friends through our studies and we are still playing KF2 weekly. Being a big VR Enthusiast I was exited about KF Incursion, unfortunately it's unplayable in Coop with Free Movement active.

Situation:
- 2 Player Coop, one player hosts, the other follows via Invite during "Ready up" screen
- Both players have free movement active
- Everything is fine for the host (we switched around, to test it)
- The player who joins experiences very stuttery movement, as if his FPS are below 30FPS. Not via network, but on his own machine, which makes it unplayable for the 2nd player.

FPS aren't the issue: All other objects (hands, enemies) move fluently without stutter and everything is fine when the joined player uses teleport. Also switching graphic settings doesn't help. If we switch around (he hosts, i join) I experience the stutter while walking, even though my movement was smooth when I hosted the game.
This is hopefully not the case, but It feels like, as if the position of the joined player get's send to the host, who then sends the position back and this moves the joined player...

100% reproducible, please fix it :(

Best regards,
Daniel

Reactions: Barkionbeast
Hello all ! The exact same thing is 100% reproducible on psvr as well. Host's locomotion is ok, guest's locomotion is jittering. Only movement is problematic though. the rest of the game runs perfectly. As a guest I played with teleportation where the problem was dissapearing. Could the reason be to ping lags?? Maybe, but the rest of the game was not laggy at all. Nice game, even nicer when played with friends. Hope that the problem will be patched.

Upvote 0
So I bought this game last week to play co-op with a friend of mine on PS VR I guess I should have done a little research cuz it's been over a year since this game's been out and you guys haven't cared too patch this known issue, no other multiplayer VR games have this issue so disappointing cuz this looked like it was going to be a really good game and the single player mode was fun to play

Upvote 0