• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game doesn't start using oculus rift. Black Screen and message: 'Lost controllers'

alvarokr

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 20, 2017
Hi there

I have bought KF incursion at oculus store but there is no way to start the game. I have been using rift since January and we never had a problem with any experience or game.

After starting the game I get a black screen and in a minute a message saying: "Lost controllers. Please check controller connection and/or battery". If I play any other game, it works perfect.

I am running it in a:
- Intel Core i5-6500 a 3.20GHz
- ASUS B150I PRO GAMING/WIFI/AURA
- 16GB of RAM DDR4
- nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
- Windows 10 Pro N de 64 bits

Any idea?

What have you tried so far to remedy the situation? I know for one game (HHH) I had an issue where the game thought I was using Vive controllers, rendering the touch controllers useless. Turned out that all I needed to do was to have the touch controllers in clear view of the sensors before starting the game.

Also I had a really annoying audio issue with the rift and it turned out that the USB port I was using was just too weak. Swapping the ports fixed the issue.

Maybe you could try moving whatever detects the controllers to a different USB30 port?

Upvote 0
A few things that would be helpful to know which may help us figure out what is happening:

How many cameras do you have 2 or 3 (room scale)?
When you get into the game and you see the darkness, if you turn 180 degrees behind you, do you see things there?
If you go into Oculus calibration and normally calibrate standing or sitting, calibrate to the other and see if it makes a difference to the situation you have when you launch the game.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem with the black screen and oculus CV1.

> The screen and oculus view is black.
> If I drop the controllers the red warning appear behing the black.
> If I turn back from sensors a blue warning appear behing the black.
> But nothing else from the game only these two warning.

I've tried to wait, set up the floor position, put the oculus in all directions and also outside the usual play area nothing else appear.

Others oculus and steam games works.

I use a fresh win7 64 bits install with only latests nvidia drivers, oculus softwares and steam.

Could you please help me :)

Upvote 0
Kalcifere;n2304067 said:
I have the same problem with the black screen and oculus CV1.

> The screen and oculus view is black.
> If I drop the controllers the red warning appear behing the black.
> If I turn back from sensors a blue warning appear behing the black.
> But nothing else from the game only these two warning.

I've tried to wait, set up the floor position, put the oculus in all directions and also outside the usual play area nothing else appear.

Others oculus and steam games works.

I use a fresh win7 64 bits install with only latests nvidia drivers, oculus softwares and steam.

Could you please help me :)

Are you still having this issue after the latest update?

Upvote 0
Ok, so I don't know if it was the same issue (symptoms seemed really similar) but turns out it was not directly caused by the game. My version of windows is "Profesionnal N", meaning some multimedia features are not installed. Installing the appropriate media feature pack (pick the right one here: https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/...ows-n-editions ) fixed the issue.

Note that if this helps you, the media feature pack is sometime broken by windows updates and needs to be reinstalled after them.

Reactions: Kittenmittens
Upvote 0