• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Not able to invite Friends for Multiplayer

Marmorkuchen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 18, 2017
So i have the Problem, that i cant invite Friends to play with me, i can however join someones game. We have tried nearly everything from not starting the game and invite someone to beeing in game and inviting someone. Everything did not work. Sadly.

hope someone either also has this problem or knows a fix to that.

Kind Regards
Marmorkuchen

Same problem for my friend and I. We've tried everything. No notification i Oculus home or ingame when either of us invites. Have tried to portforward in our routers (couldn't find info on witch specific UDP ports used for KF:I, but tried other pc versions of KF that could be found in forums, 7777, 27015, 20560, probably not right but had to try something :p ). Tried to activate DMZ for both of our computers in our routers. No luck. So firewalls shouldn't be a problem. Hmm.. :(

I can see my friend in the ingame menu, i point on his sceenname, and his name appears in the right corner of the ingame interface. there is a mic-mute button a cancel button and his avatar and screenname. But nothing happens for the one who's invited.

Upvote 0
I also have this problem. We invite eachother in the mainmenu or while one of us is in a game and nothing happens. I'm not sure where the invite is supposed to show up because it doesn't say anything about that. Also tried getting him to join a level and then me search for that level and neither one of us finds anyone to play with. We play other games with eachother on oculus fine so not sure what the problem could be.

Upvote 0
Please add myself and another to the list of users who are unable to 1.) join someones game via the Find game, I always load into a blank game by my self. 2.) Can attempt to invite, I will see the user in the bottom right, then go to create game and will load alone. 3) I can have the other user attempt to send me an invite and nothing happens. I can even begin to describe what the correct behavior is expected from this process as nothing seems to work or give error. I would really like to play the game I purchased twice, once for me and another for my friend.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro;n2303538 said:
We are digging into this today to see if we can't get it to happen here so we can find the root cause. If that doesn't happen we may be asking for further information from those of you who have this issue to pass along to Oculus.

You should check if it has anything to do with the Oculus privacy settings. I noticed a weird thing when my activity setting was set to "Only you". I could see my friend in the ingame menu, but my friend couldnt see me. This setting shouldnt (imo) affect this. Only the online/offline status should hide me from these lists.

Upvote 0
Been trying with a friend for a few hours now.
Both of us are:
- unable to find any existing games
- Cannot send invites (doesn't appear in the in-game menu or in oculus home)
- Inviting on the main menu gives the big X to cancel the invite and the profile image of the person I'm inviting but nothing more than that, and starting a coopgame that way ends up with us being alone.

Pretty darn frustrating when we bought the game for this reason alone.

Upvote 0