• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Tons of crashes this update

Coffee009

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 6, 2012
Ohio
I tried playing KF2 after this update on 2 computers, my main pc and my laptop and both instances crash ALOT on menus, like selecting skills, skipping the trader, pressing escape while paused, the menus feel so unstable for me. I tried reinstalling twice and verifying my files to no effect. I sent tons of error reports but this update completely broke the game for me and I been just playing KF1 to pass the time. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:
Nope.
Have you tried deleting KFGame from my documents to see if that helps?
Since the addition of monster ball, the config folder has trouble fully refreshing, so i keep resetting every update just to avoid crashing on that map and generally avoiding maybe other issues.

And are you running the game on windows 10?
From countless crash reports i've seen in the forums, mostly come from w10 users.

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2332848 said:
Nope.
Have you tried deleting KFGame from my documents to see if that helps?
Since the addition of monster ball, the config folder has trouble fully refreshing, so i keep resetting every update just to avoid crashing on that map and generally avoiding maybe other issues.

And are you running the game on windows 10?
From countless crash reports i've seen in the forums, mostly come from w10 users.

yeah its windows 10, ill try deleting KFGame from my documents and see how it runs

Edit: is KFGame supposed to be 25 GB large!?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2332848 said:

allright, I can safely say that on my main PC, my laptop, and then my main PC with a different hard drive and a fresh operating system (because my hard drive died) the crashing still occurs very frequently in ingame menus; this happens very frequently if I die or win and I press exit game, it happens very frequently if I press escape and then escape again, it happens very frequently when skipping the trader. Is this possibly related to the steam cloud?

Also does Tripwire get crash information if I send a bugsplat report? I can't really describe what happened because it's trivial things mostly related to the pause menu I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong or different, just menus are extremely unstable. This has been happening since the summer beta and every other update didn't crash nearly as much for me. And I've been playing since the closed beta.

​​Killing Floor one is still pretty fun...I'm surprised how fast servers fill up this late into the games life

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yoshiro

​​​​​​​Yeh they do receive the log, verified that myself when foster parent was around.

I did notice that ever since valve implemented their discord like chat system into steam, the game began running wonky.
Failing to retrieve save file from the server when 1st time launching, or crashing during the map switch (for me it usually happens with custom maps).
And the cause of those is steam suddenly going offline, as if it lost connection to its own api.
​​
​​​

Upvote 0