• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Broken custom zeds and weapons

Pharrahnox

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 3, 2016
Cranny mate
You've recently made it so that custom zeds don't give xp or dosh, and custom weapons can't earn you dosh. This is through your validation functions that seem to be an attempt to stop exploit maps (but your solutions never seem to work). The issues with your incredibly lazy approach are obvious, where all mods that involve custom zeds or weapons (which is any major mod) are broken unless tedious workarounds are employed. As I've preached to you before, each time you force us to use stupid workarounds (such as having to override every zed) removes any chance of mod compatibility. It also really aggravates modders when you break their mods every update for stupid reasons. I'll have time off soon to finally finish one of my mods, but I'll probably have to spend all of that time working around these latest game-breaking issues rather than actually finishing the mod. So is there any point?

Kittenmittens Yoshiro I am asking for an official response on whether you will fix these glaring issues in the next update - or preferably with a hotfix so we don't have to wait for three months. Every time you do this sort of thing, you kill off more of the tiny modding community, prevent others from coming back, and players lose interest in mods that are constantly broken. Sometimes it seems like this is deliberate...

I'm operation an RPG Server, many users are not getting experience.
I was very disappointed to TWI. Why did you do the beta preview?
It's like a extermination campaign of mod and RPG server...
L4D is not have a level system, but there are have a lot of users. thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0