• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Can't Download Steam Workshop Maps To Linux Server Made with LGSM- Item State is 8

mr_tibbs

Apr 24, 2016
Hey folks,

I've been having a heck of a time trying to download some custom maps to my Linux Server made with LGSM (Linux Game Server Manager). I was able to get this working in the past couple weeks but it seems that now the maps won't download and are stuck in a download State 8.

I read the wiki online to install custom maps, I added [OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.KFWorkshopSteamworks] to my LinuxServer-KFEngine.ini within the Dir - ServerFiles\KFGame\Config\kf2server\

I forwarded all the ports and verified they were open (including 27015)

I tried a clean install

I added the Cache folder manually to the \ServerFiles\KFGame\ folder

I tried the other tutorials on here (https://forums.tripwireinteractive....subscribe-to-steamworkshop/page2?postcount=20) deleting the ROG cache and all the associated references in the appworkshop_232090.acf file

Nothing seems to get this map out of state 8.

Does anyone have any other ideas??

Reactions: deckardblade
You're not alone. I had a similar issue happen on two linux servers and a windows server hosted elsewhere.

Unfortunately you've already done what I've done, or it sounds like it -- but that worked for me. This may be the difference, but shouldn't be if you did a clean install. I nuked the .acf file entirely as well. I just maintained the subscriber workshop numbers in the .ini and the corresponding map names. Once purging both custom map locations, including the mutators and the .acf I was able to redownload and maintain my maps in an item state of 4.

Something does seem screwed up with the workshop, but it's not specific to linux, since I had item state 0 on my windows server but the problem was the same -- constantly redownloading every map.

Reactions: mr_tibbs
Upvote 0
deckardblade;n2331502 said:
I nuked the .acf file entirely as well. I just maintained the subscriber workshop numbers in the .ini and the corresponding map names. Once purging both custom map locations, including the mutators and the .acf I was able to redownload and maintain my maps in an item state of 4.

I tried this out and it didnt work :( I could also possible post my config files and the logs?

Upvote 0
mr_tibbs;n2331510 said:
I could also possible post my config files and the logs?

Sorry man, I doubt it's your config files. I hadn't made any super recent changes to mine prior to experiencing a problem and had a problem all the same. Logs will never hurt but can't make any promises to help. There's at a least a few people having the same or similar problems, all on Linux IIRC.

Upvote 0
Same issue here as well.

Last week I tried adding 14 new maps to my servers rotation and none of them download from the workshop. Last time I added maps was January 2018 and it worked just fine. The server logs show that all 14 of the new maps are 'Item State is 8'. I thought it was a case of too many entries, but if I delete all the previous entries and just add the 14 new ones, it's the same issue. Even tried re-installing. These are servers being rented from GameServers as well.

Upvote 0
EternalReaper;n2331512 said:
Same issue here as well.

Last week I tried adding 14 new maps to my servers rotation and none of them download from the workshop. Last time I added maps was January 2018 and it worked just fine. The server logs show that all 14 of the new maps are 'Item State is 8'. I thought it was a case of too many entries, but if I delete all the previous entries and just add the 14 new ones, it's the same issue. Even tried re-installing. These are servers being rented from GameServers as well.

You have the exact same issue I do! except I was hosting off of my server run out of my place. I had I think 11 maps working and downloaded and then it just full stopped and now nothing will download :/.

Upvote 0
mr_tibbs;n2331574 said:
I have my pastebin with my log: https://pastebin.com/aH4wS9Ds if you could help me!
Looks like your issue is just one workshop item from your log file, the KF-BikiniAtoll map.

[1607.00] NetComeGo: Checking item 643383080 for updates.
[1607.00] NetComeGo: Item state is 8.
[1607.00] NetComeGo: Downloading item 643383080.

Or is that the only custom map you've added since having this issue while troubleshooting?

Upvote 0
Yea, that's the only map that I have for troubleshooting right now. I believe it was one that was used in a tutorial on either the Wiki or somewhere else and I was using it as a benchmark.

I might try to get my Windows VM up and running to see if that is affected as well. I would really rather run it all in Linux since its less resource intensive but I feel like I'm running out of options :(

Upvote 0
Thanks. I had this issue the past weeks and was starting to figure out that it was the server files that were broken I'll try to fix my Linux server now too.

EDIT: OK, I copied /linux64/steamclient.so (the Steam SDK file shipped with the game but apparently just not use in game files) to /Binaries/Win64/lib64/steamclient.so (the old rottent game file apparently) and started the server. I have new errors never seen before (which were in console but not logged to Launch.log, it was error about ipv6 on connectiontcp.ppp or something, whatever), BUT my cache folder is now populated with the items after waiting for 5 minutes (I waited for no more network activity, checked Cache folder and it was full of my workshop items added to this fresh server...).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
deckardblade;n2331767 said:

steamclient.so and linux64/steamclient.so are the Steam up to date files from package https://steamdb.info/depot/1006/ which is part of KF 2 server fileshttps://steamdb.info/app/232130/

The file from the TWI server files is Binaries/Win64/lib64/steamclient.so In case you want to adjust your wiki link content I think you can just link the official one provided with server files, as I did.

Code:
mv ~/Steam/KF2Server/linux64/steamclient.so ~/Steam/KF2Server/Binaries/Win64/lib64/steamclient.so

Should be enough.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
omano;n2331768 said:
steamclient.so and linux64/steamclient.so are the Steam up to date files from package https://steamdb.info/depot/1006/ which is part of KF 2 server fileshttps://steamdb.info/app/232130/

The file from the TWI server files is Binaries/Win64/lib64/steamclient.so In case you want to adjust your wiki link content I think you can just link the official one provided with server files, as I did.

Code:
mv ~/Steam/KF2Server/linux64/steamclient.so ~/Steam/KF2Server/Binaries/Win64/lib64/steamclient.so

Should be enough.

This worked perfectly! Thank you so much man! This should be the pinned answer if there is a way to do it (not sure if I have the power to do so)

Cheers everyone!!!!

Upvote 0