• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Scrakes getting stuck on top of the players killing them instantly

Category: Code

Summary: https://youtu.be/VI87x8wdBzs

When enraged Scrake walks over top of your head / collision cylinder while attacking you it frequently does NOT get pushed away like other ZEDs. This results in players taking damage rapidly.

Potentially this is not a Scrake only issue but it seems like it happens most often when it is Scrake, it is enraged and player does not move while it happens.

In the video i first die and then show what happens with god mode ON.

Reproduction:

1. Sit (still) next to the stairs.
2. Have enraged Scrake which is on higher ground walk over your head.
3. Die like there's not tomorrow.

Description:

When any actor (ZED or player) walks over the other actor (static mesh, pawn etc...) game registering BaseChange event for this actor. If this second actor is not allowed to be a base for our first actor (like Scrake can walk over the floor but can not walk over the players), the first one getting pushed away (JumpOffPawn which gives landing actor some extra X,Y,Z velocity, while Z-velocity is always being positive meaning that this actor gets pushed up, away from whatever it lands on) and 2nd one takes some minor damage.

However it does not work well in case of enraged Scrake. When its JumpOffPawn is being called Scrake does not get pushed away it all like it should and like the other ZEDs do. It continue to residing on top of the players head resulting in rapid looping of BaseChange -> CrushedBy -> JumpOffPawn sequense (check the end of the video; Scrake, when landed on top of me, have its velocity changing really fast, its Z axis speed always stays at +400 ups, but it never really gets off me). Player underneath it takes minor portions of damage but really really fast and dies almost instantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Delta69er