• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC [BUG] Modified Global Gravity sometimes reset to default.

pokerman123

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 27, 2017
Game mode : Endless mode.
Map name : KF-TheWhitePyramid (I made this map)

Bug Info : I modified WorldInfo Properties and set Global Gravity to -850, but in wave 17 and wave 23, the gravity eventually reset to default -1150, cause I keep getting fall damage when I drop to lower layer, until the wave end.

Please fix it, if a map is based on space environment, this bug will cause a serious problem.

Foster Parent;n2327307 said:
Let me see if a level designer can offer some insights, because I don't know if that is on the map maker, the game maker or the engine maker.

I doubt it's the map maker as it happens on all maps with low gravity. Once you take a any map and change the gravity in the SDK, the map will then exhibit this problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
NED79;n2327316 said:
I doubt it's the map maker as it happens on all maps with low gravity. Once you take a any map and change the gravity in the SDK, the map will then exhibit this problem.

It must be by map, if all maps do not have the same gravity - or rather, if some maps may have different gravity. QA reminds me too, that "I can't make my custom map do what I want it to do" is not a game bug they can work with, else community mappers would occupy all of their time. If official maps do the thing, that is a bug they can follow up on.

Upvote 0
It only happens prior to outbreak waves (boom, up up etc...)

KFGameInfo_Endless.uc
when special aka outbreak wave starts (WaveStarted -> StartOutbreakRound) game calls for SetWorldInfoOverrides from KFOutbreakEvent.uc

there, in SetWorldInfoOverrides it sets world gravity to whatever outbreak supposed to have

Outer.WorldInfo.GlobalGravityZ = Outer.OutbreakEvent.ActiveEvent.GlobalGravityZ;
Outer.WorldInfo.WorldGravityZ = Outer.WorldInfo.GlobalGravityZ;

Since none of the ActiveEvent s has it set to a specific value, it defaults to -1150 from defaultproperties

It then, when outbreak wave finished returns back to your normal gravity cached in CachedItems.

Upvote 0
Foster Parent;n2328510 said:
It must be by map, if all maps do not have the same gravity - or rather, if some maps may have different gravity. QA reminds me too, that "I can't make my custom map do what I want it to do" is not a game bug they can work with, else community mappers would occupy all of their time. If official maps do the thing, that is a bug they can follow up on.

Thanks for the response. Just to be clear ...

It is not a different issue on different maps. It happens on every single map that has gravity set to anything other than default.

Upvote 0
simplecat;n2328511 said:
It only happens prior to outbreak waves (boom, up up etc...)

KFGameInfo_Endless.uc
when special aka outbreak wave starts (WaveStarted -> StartOutbreakRound) game calls for SetWorldInfoOverrides from KFOutbreakEvent.uc

there, in SetWorldInfoOverrides it sets world gravity to whatever outbreak supposed to have

Outer.WorldInfo.GlobalGravityZ = Outer.OutbreakEvent.ActiveEvent.GlobalGravityZ;
Outer.WorldInfo.WorldGravityZ = Outer.WorldInfo.GlobalGravityZ;

Since none of the ActiveEvent s has it set to a specific value, it defaults to -1150 from defaultproperties

It then, when outbreak wave finished returns back to your normal gravity cached in CachedItems.

I see. Maybe deleting the gravity override line in the SetWorldInfoOverrides for the special waves? <---- Probably a dumb suggestion as I know absolutely nothing about mapping.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Update/Edit: We ran across something unusual while playing LG Maps on endless mode. Some maps do not revert back to default gravity during the specialty rounds. I loaded the maps into the SDK to determine the difference. Here is what I found ...

When a map is built using gravity volumes then they are not affected by the specialty rounds.

When a map is built by simply changing the gravity in the "World Info", then the low gravity is messed up during the specialty rounds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0