• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Server browser ceased working after being kicked from a server by server moderator

MrRogersBestNeighbor

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 3, 2015
UPDATE: Problem solved. Deleted the maps that the server browser kept automatically selecting. Weird thing is, I've had those maps for a loooong time and never had that problem before. The maps had other files aside from just the .kfm files and the server browser kept selecting and filtering for those "maps".

Not sure how frequently it occurs since I haven't been kicked any other time since the beta. But immediately after being removed from a server my server browser kept putting a random custom map in the search filter. Even after selecting "ANY" in the map filter it would just switch back to some random custom map after hitting search. When I reset the search filter, it again places a random custom map in the map filter.
Verifying the integrity of cache now to see if it fixes it.

And no, wasn't kicked for doing anything stupid. They didn't want a second Berserker and they didn't give me time to switch perks when I joined (or explain I was just going to start out as Berserker to get dosh and then switch perks as I joined at wave 6 or 7). I wasn't kicked by a vote, I was removed instantly, so I assume it was by a server mod?

Last edited:
Thanks, I actually solved the problem and forgot to update it. Didn't actually need to delete that folder, but I'll keep that in mind next time.
I just needed to delete the maps in my cache that the server browser kept going to. Those maps were "Sweet Dreams" (not the .kfm file, but for some reason a part of the file) and KF1_Farm (again, not the .kfm file).

Upvote 0