• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Husk cannon projectile does not deal headshot damage or Husk backpack damage

s5yn3t;n2316429 said:
Wasn't there a report on this already, that states that the explosive damage only deals body damage?
It is quite annoying when you have to deal with Abomination, since you have to fully remove armor for the husk cannon to actually begin dealing damage

I'm not really talking about explosive damage, I'm talking about impact damage. All demolitionist explosives can deal headshot damage + destroy the husk from his backpack so it's kinda odd this is the only projectile based weapon that doesn't do it.

Upvote 0
I'm guessing it might be because it's a firebug primary, but it still feels odd given the visual of a solid looking blast like a bigger flare revolver.
It also means several of the left-side demo skills have no effect at all for it currently.

The lack of any direct impact damage makes it very different from the scrake stunning/killing KF1 version of the gun.

Upvote 0
hunter_hunted;n2316452 said:
I'm guessing it might be because it's a firebug primary, but it still feels odd given the visual of a solid looking blast like a bigger flare revolver.
It also means several of the left-side demo skills have no effect at all for it currently.

The lack of any direct impact damage makes it very different from the scrake stunning/killing KF1 version of the gun.

Yeah, this is just the only projectile weapon in the game that currently suffers from no impact damage. I have confirmed that every shotgun, the flaregun, haemoglobin and anything that isn't the Husk Cannon can deal impact damage(flamethrower, microwave gun and the caulk n burn can only deal headshot damage, can never manage to get them to destroy the backpack)..

Upvote 0
TheTCREngineer;n2316432 said:
I'm not really talking about explosive damage, I'm talking about impact damage. All demolitionist explosives can deal headshot damage + destroy the husk from his backpack so it's kinda odd this is the only projectile based weapon that doesn't do it.

which does make sense since it's an energy ball that explodes on impact, while demo weapons are actual physical projectiles that not only deal impact dmg but also explosive.

Think of husk cannon ball like a soap bubble, it physically won't do dmg but when explodes in your eye for example it will deal soap particle damage.

and rpg like those rocket firecrackers, it will deal impact dmg if it hits you, but also explosive (if its a powerful rocket cracker lol).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2316454 said:
which does make sense since it's an energy ball that explodes on impact, while demo weapons are actual physical projectiles that not only deal impact dmg but also explosive.

Think of husk cannon ball like a soap bubble, it physically won't do dmg but when explodes in your eye for example it will deal soap particle damage.

and rpg like those rocket firecrackers, it will deal impact dmg if it hits you, but also explosive (if its a powerful rocket cracker lol).

I think that energy ball would explode after the outer layer of fire burns into your face, and when it explodes it turns your head into pieces that scatter all over the ground. If the flamethrower can burn a clots face off, I want this weapon to also destroy the scrakes head(also the husk gun is in needing of major balancing since the seekersix and RPG-7 is nowhere capable of being able to destroy any zed within their face with spam shots).

Upvote 0