• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Husk Cannon Self Damage Bug

Delta69er

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2017
Category: Weapons

Reproducibility: Always

Summary: The Husk cannon will apply an insane amount of damage to a player at close detonation when playing a perk other than Firebug when armor is below 75.

Description:
  • The bug happens on all Difficulties - it happens on HoE, Sui, Hard and Normal
  • This bug occurs when the player's armor is below 75. With exception to HoE, where it still happens regardless of armor value.
  • The bug is independent of Class, with exception of Firebug
  • I believe the Bug is independent of skills
See below video:

Online/Offline: Both

The armor and difficulty combo isn't the main case. What matter is you taking health damage (on lower difficulties and with high amount of the armor you likely won't take health damage from non charged explosion). Because taking health damage also causes damage over time effect.

When you take health damage the fire DOT instantly applied on you. While you're protected from the instant explosion by having 95% resistance, you still vulnerable to its DOT because DOT is % of the default damage (which is 100). In cause of Husk Cannon DOT to apply is 10% of the projectile damage.

So non charged explosion applies DOT of 10 points / 0.5s for 2.5s total while fully charged shot result in 45 damage / tick.

I think the DOT (KFDT_HuskCannonDot) need special flag bNoInstigatorDamage to make it stop hurting you. Like the explosion itself already does some damage which is enough :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No offense but i doubt the afterburn damage is a bug. You may be immune to the explosive damage but the afterburn will end you if you arent a firebug, which is immune to their own flames. That's why I usually advise demos to avoid using the husk cannon unless they just like setting themselves on fire. There's always gonna be that moment you want to take a charged shot and a stalker gets in your face.

Upvote 0