• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Versus Survival consistent crashing

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
I played a little Versus Survival today, and I noticed consistent crashes every time this happened:

- suicide as Crawler -> bugsplat
- explode into puke mines as Bloat -> bugsplat
- explode as Husk -> bugsplat
- plant puke mines as Bloat, die, spectate and look at a player walking into your puke mines -> bugsplat

I noticed also people quitting as Zeds and reconnecting, I guess these people also had same issues of crashing when dying is specific ways with specific zeds.

Is this something known or is this on my end? I verified files multiple times, and I also sent many bugsplat reports under the name 'omano' today after most of these crashes. It was very consistent.

I could spectate and look at people suiciding as Crawlers, exploding into puke mines as Bloats, exploding as Husks without any issue, only when I was the Zed dying this way I crashed every time

My specs: i5-2500K / GTX 560 / 16GB RAM / in game video settings: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1258351982

Also on a side note, I needed to do the Daily Objective 'Damage versus player as Husk' I did it like 5 times and every time I had the notification at bottom of screen saying that I have done this objective, bug then I crashed and when I restarted the game it was not validated anymore. I eventually did it again, then I left the game (go back to menu) and it was validated correctly.. it is weird that crashing after validating it in game does not correctly save it. I don't know if this is expected but here it is.. just to let you know.

Last edited:
He's thanking you for what you provided. :) Another way to help is, send in bug splats with as much description as possible and provide us with either the email used for it or the crash report number in the thread. That allows us to quickly find the info you've specifically sent for this issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I replayed it since I changed my video card. It was consistent with my Gigabyte GTX 560 OC 1G, but I didn't crash once with my new EVGA GTX 1060 6G SuperClocked..
I had a config reset in the meantime so not sure what 'fixed' the issue (maybe it is not actually fixed as I only played a night on the VS mode), maybe changing video card, changing drivers, or resetting the config did the trick for now.

Upvote 0