• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Spawnin with 0 dosh

Ay, thanks guys! This is one I thought I noticed earlier in the month and it slipped my mind. I think it happened to me when I joined a weekly game in progress, but don't remember for sure. Is it happening in regular survival too? If you've got more specifics, like Foster said, we'll gladly pass it on to QA.

Upvote 0
OK then, I think the problem occurs when you join a game in progress, and before you click ready, you initiate a kick vote on someone in the game (like one of the players alive), then you spawn when kick vote is still active, with 0 dosh. It happened to me as well as to a friend in the same condition (joining a Survival game, initiating a kick vote before spawning, spawning with 0 dosh).

I'll still try to reproduce it when I'll have time.

Let us know if you reproduce it with QA team.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
omano;n2312213 said:
OK then, I think the problem occurs when you join a game in progress, and before you click ready, you initiate a kick vote on someone in the game (like one of the players alive), then you spawn when kick vote is still active, with 0 dosh. It happened to me as well as to a friend in the same condition (joining a Survival game, initiating a kick vote before spawning, spawning with 0 dosh).

I'll still try to reproduce it when I'll have time.

Let us know if you reproduce it with QA team.

QA was actually already aware of the reports and have so far been unable to repro. I've passed on the additional information. Thanks.

Upvote 0
OK it just happened to me again. I joined this game on Containment Station; I ready up, start to spectate the end of wave, then the Sharpshooter died, then the two others finished the wave. I spawned with 0 dosh, no kick vote involved. edit: I remember when it happened to me previous time someone also died when I was spectating, I also joined as Swat, so this might be related to one guy dying while spectating as well as perks involved in the game, it was also same wave 2->3 and same difficulty, not sure if same length.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1258138114

Last edited:
Upvote 0
fwfdf1reman;n2312253 said:
It has happened several times to me. It occurred when a game I was spectating had a slot open up so I leave the Spectate mode and join. Bang! NO MONIES! Appears to be, at from my experience, a random occurrence that occurs when going from spectate to a slot in the game.

but was someone dead during your transition from spec to live?
roman, friend and i been trying to reproduce it different way, but they way you described with open slot (since we had 3 open) didnt result in dosh loss

Upvote 0
Still couldn't find reproduction, but it happened again to me, what I did was start the game, played a solo game that I lost, searched for server in browser, join a MEDIUM game SURVIVAL, spawned with 0 dosh, people joined afterwards and spawned with 0 dosh too, then I joined another server and exact same thing, a 7 waves servers (I think this is the biggest criteria here, always a 7 waves game) and exact same thing I spawned with 0 dosh as well as other people joining next wave.

Upvote 0
I eventually dug myself in the code (I keep the SRC folder of the SDK with every update) compared Christmas update with previous version, found that file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\Development\Src\KFGameContent\Classes\KFGameInfo_Survival.uc had differences, checked it and saw you changed the way dosh was distributed, and I found it after a few minutes...

// Short Wave
LateArrivalStarts(0)={(
StartingDosh[0]=550,
StartingDosh[1]=650,
StartingDosh[2]=1200,
StartingDosh[3]=1500
)}

// Normal Wave
LateArrivalStarts(1)={(
StartingDosh[0]=450,
StartingDosh[1]=600,
StartingDosh[3]=800,

StartingDosh[4]=1100,
StartingDosh[5]=1400,
StartingDosh[6]=1500,
StartingDosh[7]=1600
)}

// Long Wave
LateArrivalStarts(2)={(
StartingDosh[0]=450,
StartingDosh[1]=550,
StartingDosh[2]=750,
StartingDosh[3]=1000,
StartingDosh[4]=1200,
StartingDosh[5]=1300,
StartingDosh[6]=1400,
StartingDosh[7]=1500,
StartingDosh[8]=1600,
StartingDosh[9]=1600
)}
}

Don't you see? Wave count from 0 so let see how you count at TWI: 0, 1, 3, 4,.... wait, no.... there is no WAVE 3 for MEDIUM game so obviously we spawn with 0 dosh (and there is 1600 dosh for someone spawning on wave 8/7 which is obviously not possible), after wave 2 the following "wave number -1" are actually "wave number"; correct list would be:

// Normal Wave
LateArrivalStarts(1)={(
StartingDosh[0]=450,
StartingDosh[1]=600,
StartingDosh[2]=800,
StartingDosh[3]=1100,
StartingDosh[4]=1400,
StartingDosh[5]=1500,
StartingDosh[6]=1600
)}

Just my two cents hoping you'll not wait another 3 month to fix basic issues like this (pretty sure a hotfix of a few MB would be required to correct that..)

Upvote 0