• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Husk may suicide immediately

Calamity

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 26, 2017
Category: Code

Reproducibility: Sometimes (very rare)

Summary: Husk may suicide without delay under some conditions.

Description: Only seen this once on suicidal. Heavy melee'd one as berserker with a katana (lvl 22) and before I could take any other action it followed through with suicide. I doubt there was enough time for a weak melee to hit. Killed myself and a demo with its insta-suicide. Of course the explosion does tons of damage so it should have some consistent counterplay to it.

Reproduction: Only seen the issue once, it is not consistent

Scenario:
Berserker lvl 22
katana
+75 hp
Had 20 armor at the time I believe

1. Right click melee the husk at close quarters with a katana headshot
2. It may or may not immediately suicide faster than normal speed. Should it choose to suicide I would expect enough of a delay to escape the blast radius
3. On the server its possible other teammates also damaged it (but it was not spawned very long at all). That may be a factor.

Server settings: Vanilla, suicidal

Online/Offline: Tested online only

Side note: Personally I think a zerker with 175 hp should be able to survive the blast barely (maybe it should be parry-able?). Heck, one can survive any other attack in the game. Insta-kill seems unfair to this class under a variety of conditions (teammates leading one into you, raging one, etc.) It kind of ruins some of the fun for those of us that like to get personal :)

I have experienced this, more than once, and each time just figured I had bad timing. I'm dead, I have a WTF moment, then "Shikata ga nai".
Now that you are talking about it, I feel like maybe it WAS a bug.

Lvl25 berzerker. I'll go after a husk with a Zwei or something, get a good solid strike in, and he'll suicide before I can even hit him a second time.

Every time I've experienced the suicide attack before he projects it pretty obviously by sprinting nearby (if necessary), then a dramatic motion of placing his cannon muzzle on the ground, and then the sound of his cannon charging up before the explosion.
Seems like when you're right up on him he combines the motion with the charge up and just explodes as soon as he punches the ground.

I also only play online.

Upvote 0