• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Auto weapon upgrades when entering trader.

AntiSocial

Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2015
Category: Code... I guess, not sure really???

Reproducibility: Unable to reproduce... as far as I know. Seems completely random.

Summary: When entering trader pod weapon/s upgrade automatically.

Description: several times now, three times that I can remember, as the summary suggests when accessing the trader menu at trade time my guns are upgraded automatically. For example, the most recent instance I was playing as swat in later stages of the game, wave 6 or 7, with a loadout of med pistol, MP7 SMG, MP5RAS SMG & THE P90 SMG. All had 20% ammo approx left, bar the P90, which I was about to sell to buy the Kriss. I had enough dosh to buy the Kriss outright. Upon entering the trader pod, to my dismay, I had lost everything, that's all dosh & all weapons that I had upon entering the pod, but now I had gained the Kriss with only the ammo that it comes with when first bought & new armour.

I was lucky to find a couple of ammo drops or it could have been a game killer in such late stages of the game.

This is happening on my PC, will find specs if necessary...

AntiSocial;n2305185 said:
Thanks gang! Maybe the feature should be dumped altogether seeing as though it is so bugged out? Until the bugs are squashed that is.

We're not aware of any bugs with it currently. If have any details on how auto upgrade isn't working as intended or expected please let us know.

Upvote 0
The only details I have are as stated...
AntiSocial;n2300473 said:
Category:

Description: several times now, three times that I can remember, as the summary suggests when accessing the trader menu at trade time my guns are upgraded automatically. For example, the most recent instance I was playing as swat in later stages of the game, wave 6 or 7, with a loadout of med pistol, MP7 SMG, MP5RAS SMG & THE P90 SMG. All had 20% ammo approx left, bar the P90, which I was about to sell to buy the Kriss. I had enough dosh to buy the Kriss outright. Upon entering the trader pod, to my dismay, I had lost everything, that's all dosh & all weapons that I had upon entering the pod, but now I had gained the Kriss with only the ammo that it comes with when first bought & new armour.

I was lucky to find a couple of ammo drops or it could have been a game killer in such late stages of the game.

The upgrade function is not accurately or efficiently doing its job. Maybe its random, maybe its because I am holding the key sometimes as suggested, & doing it automatically without intending to. Whichever the case, for example as in the instance detailed in the quote suggests... Why did it not just update the P90 to the kriss & spend the remaining dosh on Armour & ammo as there was plenty to do so? Instead it left me way under-gunned & very low on ammo, & also lost 4 weapons resale worth of dosh in the process, in the late stages of the game. How is it supposed to function? I guess its not complex enough to make decisions about the best load out to go with considering which weapons to keep, which to sell, which to buy under the restrictions of the dosh in the kitty plus the dosh that can be made or lost when buying & selling weapons. Hell, I'm no code writer but writing a piece of code to achieve such a thing would be pretty difficult in the extreme with all the possibility's of combinations that could be settled on, I'm having trouble just listing the complexity of the decisions that need made to implement such a function.

Maybe I'm overthinking it... you tell me???

Upvote 0