• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Two bugs which stays forever

Fok

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 1, 2017
1) Reloading cancel. When u have two pistols and u cancel the animation with a bash after u have reloaded the one gun.
2) When u have a skill offers u more ammo (like "prepared" for commando) and u go to the trader, u cannot see the difference. You must escape, go again to the trader and now u can see and buy the extra ammo.

Are these two cases bugs, or are there for another reason? Cause if there are bugs i remember them at least one year now.

pokerman123;n2298502 said:
Bug (1) : That really make Gunslinger overpower.

And it works too good on Stoner too.

Did you know if you hold the "Attack" button and bash when the clip is reloaded, it will shoot immediately and cancel the animation earlier.

didnt know it works for stoner or the attack+bash thing. damn is ever worse than i thought lol

Upvote 0
pokerman123;n2298507 said:
My suggestion is to set the clip reload status at the animation's end.

Not clip reloaded in the middle of animation.

yes the solution is very simple. Is that u said for the stoner and for the pistols if u cancel the animation, u can only have the half of the magazine size reloaded (like u only reloaded the one pistol, as u actually did)

Upvote 0
Kittenmittens;n2298734 said:
The reload cancel with bash is known and not considered a bug. Can you explain #2 ? Do you mean if you switch to that one of those skills while at the trader?

My english are not very good but i will try. For example u have the skill "prepared" and u go to the trader, it still shows u 613 for the max ammo capacity for the stoner and even if u buy full ammo for it, u still must escape and click on the trader again, for see the extra ammo the skill offers (713). So only now u can buy that 20% remaining cause before u couldnt even see them.

So u buy those 613 rounds, exit the trader, open again the trader, and buy the remaining 113 ammo if you want to truly fully maxed it.

that happens with every commando wpn, either having the skill applied from the beggining, either u change it between the waves

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The reload cancel with bash is known and not considered a bug. Can you explain #2 ? Do you mean if you switch to that one of those skills while at the trader?

Alright, it's not a bug.

However, if you use this bash cancel on Dual magnums when not using Quickloader, it will be too strong.
And cause the talent Quickloader is nearly useless.

Test Video (all use slomo 0.2)

Gunslinger with Quickloader:

Gunslinger without Quickloader:
[video=youtube;_Qn-ZF2MD2E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qn-ZF2MD2E&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Comparison:

I use the computer stopwatch and got these result:

1. Without quickloader = 8.79 sec = 1.758 sec in real time.
2. With Quickloader = 8.90 sec = 1.780 sec in real time.

As the result, the refill point of quickloader is longer than one without quickloader.
Even the refill point is very approach to quickloader if you don't use it.

Therefore, the Quickloader is nearly useless if you use bash cancel very well.

I suggest :

1. Delay the refill point in "reload animation without quickloader" to the second magnum.
2. Separate clips to standalone clips 5|5 on .500 magnum, if you bash cancel in the middle, you refill 0|5 and you can only fire the magnum at right side.

Standalone clips for dual pistol :

Dual 9mm - 30 => 15|15
Dual Spitfires - 12 => 6|6
Dual 1858 - 12 => 6|6
Dual M1911 - 16 => 8|8
Dual Eagle - 14 => 7|7
Dual .500 - 10 => 5|5

Last edited:
Reactions: Fok
Upvote 0

Why on earth is reload cancel bash and shoot not considered a bug?please explain because reloading only one pistol or putting a mag in your dry ar and being able to shoot before its cocked seems very buggy.

im all for the bash as your reloading but to then be able to cancel the bash with shooting is the buggy part.So really it's the bash cancel when reload canceling that's the problem.I would imagine its the limits of the engine as a few games have this problem.

Upvote 0