• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Scrake Rage Sensitivity Scaling With Player Count Extremely And Strangely

Azukki

Grizzled Veteran
  • Jul 7, 2009
    Category: Code

Reproducibility: Always (on difficulties and players counts specified)

Summary: The scrake rages with any minuscule amount of damage on most difficulties and player counts, but behaves normally on solo.

Description:
    Scrake rages definitely were changed with the summer sideshow.
    I just did some testing, and a scrake will rage when he takes any damage on 2/3/4/5/6man Sui/HoE or 3/4/5/6man Hard or 6man Normal. An offperk 9mm shot to his chainsaw will rage him, and that should only be dealing 3 damage. So you can imagine, any one stray overpentrating shotgun pellet, any smg bullet, and he'll be set off.
    Even any crawler gas hits, and he'll rage:
    Scrake_raging_from_crawler_gas.jpg

This testing was done in solo with bots for the player count. Online in real games, even with more distractions going on, it's obvious they still rage extremely and probably equally easily then too. For instance, in a 5man sui game, a scrake that I knew was intact (because we were across the map from the team and the wave just started) raged when bashed once with an aa12 to the head, while just trying to get around him.

On 1man any difficulty, his rage sensitivity seems to be working properly like it used to: at 50/75/75/90 percent health.
    So I think they drastically changed his rage threshold's scaling with respect to the number of players in the game.
    With how extreme this change is, it not being a good idea, and it not being in the patch notes, I'm betting it's a bug.

simplecat;n2297658 said:
    It's a bug. Prior to update game used to calculate head health % differently - it used to divide current head HP value by the amount of DEFAULT head HP adjusted by # of players and the game difficulty. Now it divides current head HP by the amount of ALREDY CALCULATED head HP further adjusted by the same rules.

It doesn't matter if you head the head or body, head HP % calculated each time ZED takes damage.

Online/Offline: Both

Last edited:
    Reactions: Xythe