• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Falling through the landscape since last update

geotavros

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 4, 2015
People started to report that they are falling through the landscape on my map KF-IceArena since last update http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=642421282

I tried it myself in local game and wasn't falling through floor until wave 5. I was running from zeds and fell through the floor and died. Couldn't reproduce it.
In another local game the boss(fat one) died during mid fight. I wasn't looking at him, was running away, but he had half of his HP and died instantly. I assume he fell through the floor too.

Do I need to recompile the map or is it a game bug?

Last edited:
The major common points between IceArena and WaterOnMars, their grounds are all made of "Landscape".

Therefore I am pretty sure they screwed up Landscape in this version and cause all the maps using Landscape to be unplayable for everyone.

This is a critical global bug.

1rrdKwi.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I figure out something more, these lands are showing "dark-red" in Rigid-Body view.

The Dark-red in rigid body view indicate that surface use "realistic collision", not "simple box collision".

Simple box collision meshes will showing Cyan in rigid body view.

Therefore the Dark-red surfaces is bugged in this version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Although the landscape will not rendering in Rigid Body view, but I am pretty sure it use the "Complex collision" too as the "Darkred" surfaces.

I think the "Complex Collision" is bugged in this version.

You better focus the codes of complex collision in the game engine.

ScreenShots

BUG map - WaterOnMars , the landscape will not rendering, but its not simple box collision (which will rendering cyan).

tESDPLS.gif

BUG Map - IceArena , same as WaterOnMars, the ground isn't rendering Cyan in Rigid Body View.
JVsnok4.gif

BUG Map - MinecraftTest_B7_Fix

This time the ground is made of StaticMeshes, but it use complex collision too (Which is rendering Dark Red)
IatMAnr.gif

Not A Bug Map - Defend_Thyself

This map's ground look like landscape, but it actually is StaticMeshes, and it rendering Cyan in Rigid Body View.
Therefore the ground is using "Simple Box Collision", this map doesn't have any falling bug.
tozRYRz.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Surprisingly I didn't get any notifications on email about posts in my thread... Only for the first reply after which I visited the forum.

Not sure I have the uncooked version of my map, didn't even know it is necessary to keep it. Does the uncooked version store some valuable information?

I have some older versions of my map, but how do I find out whether they are uncooked?

Upvote 0
I've probably found a workaround for this issue. In the Landscape Editor tool
- go into Landscape Info
- Change Section Size to 31(was 255)
- Set Sections per Component to 1
- Choose "Expand". Note: was Crop, but I noticed some artifacts with Crop being used.
- Click 'Change Component Size'

Last edited:
Upvote 0