• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Dosh clipping through players

[TW said:
HyperSniper;n2297272]Thanks for the report! This is working as intended. The dosh receive distance was modified in the current patch. If you are very close to another player, the dosh will go through them.

So you fixed something that wasn't broken? Now you have to find the "sweet spot" for sharing money. Too close and it goes through them & too far and it falls short. Now you are insuring that there will be a money stream that some noob can run through instead of being able to stand right next to the person that you want to give the money to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
omano;n2297428 said:
When someone was in your back it sucked the dosh, if you don't call it broken I don't know. If now it only gives dosh to a certain distance that may be better I think.

I have almost 3K hours in KF2 and I have never had a problem with what you are describing. I'm not saying it didn't happen, just saying it never happened to me. The way dosh works now ... it's a problem.

Upvote 0
Not a fan of this either. The old behaviour had its issues (trying to give money to someone in front of you, but someone standing too close behind you accidentally got the money), but now there's no consistent way to give money to a particular person now without someone else running in between and taking most of it before you have time to react and stop throwing. This is a constant problem in public games, where you try to help someone who has died and someone else with more money than they know what to do with it run up and take the money to just to ruin it (usually the guy who's going for the most kills). With the old behaviour you could always walk up really close to the person who actually needed the money and just go nuts on the throw dosh bind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can't say I'm happy about this even if the person I wanted to give money to was surrounded by other people I could stand back aim up and curve the dosh over people's heads to the right one.

now I have to be the right distance? Don't always have time for that or if I'm the sole survivor with all the dosh and I throw it to everyone it goes through the closet and they get none.

half the time loads of dosh falls to the floor.trying to through dosh at your medic was easier to run up to him and spam at point blank than to judge the correct distance but oh look you just checked the 200 he need for med ar right through him and into the useless abomination of a survivalist behind him.

Upvote 0
Someone right behind you or clipping with your rear getting the dosh was screwy, but someone a good bit in front of you not getting it now seems screwier. If this new feature were adjusted so the dosh would be ready for pickup after about a fifth as long as the current delay, that might be best.

Last edited:
Upvote 0