• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Perk settings keep resetting over and over and over again

DotS

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
This is a well known problem since the beginning that affects many players and it's STILL not fixed after so many months of its official release.

Occasionally, for unknown reasons, the perk settings keep resetting so all the perks on the left side are selected. It's really NOT fun to join a game and realize you play that wave with different settings than what you have selected before. Yesterday, it was fine. Today, suddenly my perks are all reset.

I would understand why this happens in EA stage. I do NOT understand why this still happens after release. I mean, are you really serious?

DotS;n2293390 said:
I can't level up, I'm 25 on all perks.

How to tell if I lost connection to the Steam API? I don't think I did. My connection is usually pretty stable.

Stable or not steam has a mind of its own and can drop the connection when there's either maintanance, waay too much traffic at any given time, or maybe a ddos who knows.

When it resets skills to all left its not that bad.
Worst that can happen is when your savefile doesn't connect back to the game while you're in it when you or steam (it has massive surges sometimes) lost connection and it resets your gamma, input and gameplay options to default....

Upvote 0
Well consider yourself lucky then that you only have to deal with the annoyance of having stuff set to left.

while i have cats that sometimes knock my router off xD... Good thing defaultinput.ini ini exists, no longer need to worry about resets if they happen by that bug or connection loss

Upvote 0
HAVE PROBLEM TOO:
All my characters have been reset to level 0today. yesterday it was fine.. but.. Perks Fail To Progress And Reset After Every Game.. i tried delete cache files, delete Steam Client Registry Blob and verify the game cache .. nothing works . i am trying to solve this for an hours so...
Thank You for Help.

Upvote 0
now... only demolition and medic classes are always reseting to 0 after game.. it gives me lvls, but after leaving server it reset me back to 0. i tried other classes like support and i got lvl normally .. i have some weap-skins for demolition and medic classes but i tried to not wear them and problem persist.. looks like problem is not on my side.. TW team should look at this..

Upvote 0