• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC AI pathing error

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 20, 2015
    Category: Code

Reproducibility: Unable to reproduce

Summary: Zeds get stuck when facing the wall and just continue moving without any reaction to a player passing by.

Description: This became more and more apparent as last 6 games (different servers, diff and maps) 3 of those had a zed stuck in a place just moving forward while facing the wall and the game doesn't show the icon of where last zed got stuck.

Sorry i had my screenshot hotkey disabled and couldn't take the shots of those instances x), but here's where that happend.
    Descent: room with a spiral stair case going down to the well, slasher got stuck somewhere, my guess would be at the top of the cages but we couldn't see him.

Biotics lab: The larger room with the view on the aquarium, scrake jumped onto the table that is in the lower ramp near the door, he was walking forward looking into the wall, didn't react to me passing by him or jumping on him, i only got him unstuck as i shot rpg right into his head.

Volter manor: Door that leads from trader/staircase to upper lever of library to dining room, siren got stuck on the right side of the wall facing forward and infinite screaming, game once again hasn't shown her location so it was a hunt finding a stuck zed that turned out to be a siren that had error in her head.

Connection was 100% stable and i had couple of people either next to me watching this happening or in spectators (because they obviously died lol)
    But no, this was completely live without any disconnection happening, and servers ranging from hard to hoe (hoe was one game) with ping avg of 42

Upvote 0