• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Black screen on all maps

tinmann840

Apr 26, 2010
I'm getting black screen on all maps. All I can see is my HUD and team members names. I've tried validating files, I've deleted content and reinstalled I've reinstalled my GPU drivers and I've even rolled my drivers back I only get sound, HUD and teammate names.

Asus Rampage V extreme, i7 5820K , 16 Gb Ripjaws, MSI GTX 980ti 6G Gamer in SLI, Seasonic 1200 watt Platinum , 500Gb SSD, 2 1Tb HDD

Last edited:
There are some known issues with SLI that we are hoping to address but in the mean time here are some options to try out if you are set on using SLI for increased performance. These won't address some of the texture flickering issues but should, depending on your machine, prevent the all textures from going black.

First:
Make sure you have Vertical Sync On.

Second:
Make sure if you have Real time Reflections On, that Motion Blur is also set to On (if you have one or the other off, the black textures issue will occur.)

Third:
If both of those steps didn't alleviate some of the symptoms, also make sure that Bloom is set to either Low or High.

I can't guarantee this will work for everyone but might give you a better experience with SLI. Disabling SLI and setting the second graphics card to handle PhsyX will still be the best option for the most consistent visual experience. Hope that helps

Upvote 0
[TW said:
OfficerDavid;n2289979]There are some known issues with SLI that we are hoping to address but in the mean time here are some options to try out if you are set on using SLI for increased performance. These won't address some of the texture flickering issues but should, depending on your machine, prevent the all textures from going black.

First:
Make sure you have Vertical Sync On.

Second:
Make sure if you have Real time Reflections On, that Motion Blur is also set to On (if you have one or the other off, the black textures issue will occur.)

Third:
If both of those steps didn't alleviate some of the symptoms, also make sure that Bloom is set to either Low or High.

I can't guarantee this will work for everyone but might give you a better experience with SLI. Disabling SLI and setting the second graphics card to handle PhsyX will still be the best option for the most consistent visual experience. Hope that helps

I had this issue where everything was black. I had motion blur OFF but reflections was ON. I can confirm that selection both Motion blur + Reflections to OFF solved the problem. Both has to be OFF. Not just one of them.

Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Alpha
CPU: i6700K
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 295x2

Upvote 0