• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Barely audible voip

Category: Sound/voip

Summary: It's possible to hear people speak in-game again but it's barely audible.

Reproducibility: Join an online game. You'll see people using their mics but it's impossible or very hard to hear them.

Description: The "no voip" bug has been fixed but instead it's almost impossible to hear what people say. Voip volume is extremely low, however, people seem to hear me just fine. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or terrible game voip in general. I have tried the following to solve the problem:

- Adjust in-game audio options, such as lowering music volume and pulling the voice receive slider to max
- Adjusted audio settings in the control panel (windows 7). Everything looking good there
- Went to Steam's audio options and pulled Receive Volume slider to max

Online/Offline: Online

Suggestion: Voip should BY DEFAULT be louder than any of the game's music or sound effects. We shouldn't have to mess around with settings to make this work.

Last edited: