• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Firebug "Pyromaniac" Won't Speed Up Fire Rate Mid-fire (w/ Trench Gun & MWG Alt-fire)

This issue can happen with Support's Barrage ability as well and it has to do with the same reason in progress reload animations cannot be sped up when Zed Time is triggered. For this issue in particular, the timing as to line up just right for it to happen because pump action is much shorter than a reload.

While this is not ideal in some situations having dynamically speed scaling first person animations is a non-trivial change to our animation systems that we may look at fixing in the future but will not address at this present time.

Upvote 0
That's not my area of expertise so I can't speak to the deeper technical reasons but essentially from what I understand in progress animations cannot be terminated mid frame and restarted with a new playback speed as a new animation. The system as it is doesn't support that and would need a substantial rewrite to have that feature. I hope that clarifies it a little.

Upvote 0
While you may not change speed on the fly, take a look at Loli Co.'s Firebug vs Support example. These 2 perks has same function written differently - Firebug's GetZedTimeModifier gives resistance only in ZT, while for Support it applies that resistance all the time. Sure by this logic as a drawback there might be unnecessary processing each time you shoot (doesn't look like much of it though) but the result is so satisfying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0