• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

cant change gamemode and map selection in main menu are black.. (PLEASE HELP)

criisp97

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 30, 2018
so i went to steam and reddit for help but no luck :/

so backstory til what happen. i was playing solo kf2 a few days ago and suddenly my whole computer froze. i didnt think much about it because it was finally a reason to go to bed.

next day i wanted to play some solo again, but i could not change the game mode? its like it dosent exist, later that day i was going to play some mp with some of my friends. but now all the maps are blacked out ( see pictures down below)

please if somebody can help me or have any solutions to my problem comment. beforehand thank you so much

sz84oeu022d11.jpg

kmd0pfu022d11.jpg

I would say you entered a server running bad mutator and game decided to screw you over. Apart from that not much else can trigger rare game breaking bugs like disappearing menu entries you seem to have.

Quit the game first then delete the config folder, look for it under My Games in Documents (Win7 for me), it will create the basic settings on start. Sadly you need to put the settings you used before again (back up your My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config dir in case!).

Upvote 0