• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[AUDIO PROBLEM] Background buzz sounds when using speakers

Deleted member 73776

Apr 14, 2015
Hello, I'm having this problem when playing KF2 and using speakers. This occurs only when I play KF2.

I have one speaker (Prodipe Pro 8) connected to Scarlett 2i2 sound card, which is connected to the computer via USB. The buzz persists not only if I disable every KF2 sound in audio settings but even if I set the output volume to 0 in the sound card. It bothers me not being able to play this game with speakers. I have no problems using headphones.

My audio settings in Windows's control panel are: 2 channels, 16 bit, 96000 Hz

Already contacted Scarlett's support but they told me that if it occurs only with a specific game it's not the sound card's fault.

I've tested it with the following games: Rocket League (it has a very low static sound, but it's surpassed by game's sound), Neverending Nightmares (no problems), Warframe (no problems), Burnout Paradise (no problems)

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Did you try other USB ports and also did you try to unplug a maximum of devices from your computer to have the bare minimum (keyboard, mouse, screen). This is easy and simple to start troubleshooting.

Also, the best configuration is to have the source output (in windows) set to maximum level, I mean up the main windows volume to maximum, do the same for the game, and control the volume from the speaker/soundcard to reduce it. This way you minimize the amplification the speaker/soundcard will need to do resulting in clearer sound and less added noise. You may see if it improves something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0