• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unable to start game originally, causing infinite patch loop

TheDanVanDamShow

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 4, 2018
Hello and greetings,

I hope this post is not too long among my mention of my issues among the encounter of the game. The major issue I have here was originally with a odd error with the game's launch: "You need steam to launch the game." So after a few attempts to launch the game, I reset steam a few times. Nothing. So I went to verify the games files, with it simply bricking. unable to go past a infinite loop of the steam cilent trying to verify anything from the same itself. After awhile(maybe a few hours) I checked its status and still came up trying to verify, I checked the games folder, the files intact. So I say to myself "time to make sure any mod could be causing a ruckus". Looking at my subscribed mods, only a few were active, and were cosmetic things, so I removed them. Then tried to boot the game. Same error. I removed the game from my hard drive with a fresh install. Making sure all game files from the game is removed of course. I went to install the game again, this time, with a infinite status loop with the games download being @ 100% correctly. I checked my net, all green, I installed other games, pausing the dl/patch, those games went through clean. My AV has the game/cilent greenlit to go through as I have played the game prior without a issue besides the usual long load time most folks dealt with. I have been up for several hours now installing the game and making sure this new fresh install on another drive I own goes through, and I can play the game again as I miss it.

I am not the only person in question who has had this exact issue, as my girlfriend also dealt with this issue and since then fixed it her own way. It is odd so many folks here recently are blossoming with the same exact issue with the games data going corrupt/glitched out. I hope this information was helpful, and helps the devs build a case in terms of aiding the issue in terms of helping others fixing this bug with a future patch.

Best of wishes,
Danny:eek: