• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Names not displaying correctly

Kool<3

May 12, 2012
So, this has been happening since the update that brought the Vault.
It doesn't affect the game at the point of being unplayable, but it's kinda annoying.
The menu displays wrong, and all the special events are not shown properly ("Test 1").
In-game, Krampus' name and description are also not shown; instead there is a bunch of random text.

I tried everything, even completely deleted the game, and reinstalled it, but nothing.

Any help? Here's PS so you guys can see what I mean.
kf2.png

Attachments

• kf22.png
    kf22.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 0
  • kf23.png
    kf23.png
    110.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You installed or made a Localization mod, so remove the wrong, problematic, and surely outdated Localization mod, or fix it by yourself. Check your KF 2 Workshop subscription and remove the one which has wrong localization mod in it. If you don't know which one it is, unsub from all Workshop items.
Then delete folder Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Localization

edit: If this folder Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Localization is empty maybe the localization mod is in the Cache folder, so after unsubing from the Workshop items which has localization mod, delete Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Cache

for sure the problem is in the 'My Games' folder in my opinion so do what it needs to fix it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
omano;n2312128 said:
You installed or made a Localization mod, so remove the wrong, problematic, and surely outdated Localization mod, or fix it by yourself. Check your KF 2 Workshop subscription and remove the one which has wrong localization mod in it. If you don't know which one it is, unsub from all Workshop items.
Then delete folder Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Localization

edit: If this folder Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Localization is empty maybe the localization mod is in the Cache folder, so after unsubing from the Workshop items which has localization mod, delete Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Cache

for sure the problem is in the 'My Games' folder in my opinion so do what it needs to fix it.

This did it!

Thanks a lot mate.

Upvote 0