• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS Drop When Moving Mouse

Xeroshot

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 12, 2017
Just started the game and noticed whenever I move my mouse my FPS drops from 100+ getting lower and lower the more I move the mouse. If I move my mouse really fast I can get FPS down to 1. The odd thing about this is I've plugged in an Xbox 360 controller and the issue does not exist when using the controller.

Nothing seems to have worked and the computer runs just fine with other games.

Here is what I've tried:

Changing USB ports of the mouse.
Lowering/changing graphics settings.
Verify Integrity of game file through steam.
Turned off mouse acceleration via config folder is documents.
Uninstall/Re-installed graphics driver.
Closed background applications killed Logitech gaming software.

PC Stats:
CPU: i7-4930k
Video: Radeon RX Vega 64
Memory 32 MB
Hard Drive: SSD
Mouse: Logitech G303

Wait what, 32 MB memory? What memory is that? Ram from 1990's? :D

honestly it might be that Tripwire hasn't pushed a compatibility patch into the driver for rx vega and thats why you have fps drops....

Or my odd guess is that you have both kb mouse and xbox 360 controller plugged in at the same time that causes a conflict and causes the fps drop... Since kfinput.ini gets update constantly with every input made that it might cause the issue.

Upvote 0
Haha 32 GB of memory.

I did figure out that the game just really hates my mouse Logitech G303. I plugged in a different cheap mouse I had also Logitech and it ran smooth.

So I did the usual and removed all the driver settings for the mouse and the issue is still exists with my gaming mouse I'm at a loss for why it hates my mouse.

I also tried disabling the mouse acceleration that has been recommended on forums.

The mouse works just fine for all other games so just not sure why Killing Floor 2 and my gaming mouse don't get along.

Upvote 0