• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unauthorized add on purchase

thedoob

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 25, 2017
Hi there,

Very weird thing happened yesterday where an add on purchase was made on my account, and not by me. I was watching tv and the ps4 was on when it happened so I know with confidence neither myself nor my girlfriend made this purchase.

I contacted psn who said the purchase originated from my console. I have no idea how this happened. At first I thought my account had been compromised, but psn confirmed it was not purchased remotely.

The only other explanation is that SOMEHOW, in a very unlikely scenario I or someone else sat on the controller while my ps4 was on but not displaying on the tv, opened the game and purchased an add on. I know this sounds nuts but I have no other explanation.

Anyways I upped the security on my accounts, 2 factor, complex password etc. I would like a refund however. The purchase was for "Mr. Foster Classic Uniform Bundle (Add-On Content)". Is this possible? Psn couldn't refund as they said it had already been redeemed. Please help me figure out this insane situation. Thanks in advance.

thedoob;n2301290 said:
Hi there,

Very weird thing happened yesterday where an add on purchase was made on my account, and not by me. I was watching tv and the ps4 was on when it happened so I know with confidence neither myself nor my girlfriend made this purchase.

I contacted psn who said the purchase originated from my console. I have no idea how this happened. At first I thought my account had been compromised, but psn confirmed it was not purchased remotely.

The only other explanation is that SOMEHOW, in a very unlikely scenario I or someone else sat on the controller while my ps4 was on but not displaying on the tv, opened the game and purchased an add on. I know this sounds nuts but I have no other explanation.

Anyways I upped the security on my accounts, 2 factor, complex password etc. I would like a refund however. The purchase was for "Mr. Foster Classic Uniform Bundle (Add-On Content)". Is this possible? Psn couldn't refund as they said it had already been redeemed. Please help me figure out this insane situation. Thanks in advance.

-Do you have the uniform on the account?

Upvote 0