• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poor Performance Since Descent Update

Bi11ycb1990

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 2, 2017
The current build of Killing Floor 2 has had extremely poor performance on my computer. The frame rate caps out at 48 fps and erratically dips from 48 fps down to as low as 6 fps, making the game unplayable. Switching the settings from Ultra, which I normally play on, to Low has absolutely no affect on the game's performance. I have tried verifying game files and then uninstalling and reinstalling the game to no effect. My computer is more than capable of playing this game at +100 fps @ 2k and did so prior to this update.

My PC specs are as follows:
MSI Gaming M5 Z270
Intel i7 7700k
16GB DDR4 RAM
MSI Armor 8G GTX 1080
512GB Crucial MX100

All drivers are up to date and functioning properly

Since the Descent update I'm also experiencing lots of unexplainable lag, like at least once every wave. It can happen during waves but also during trader time. While this lag occurs there is no frame drop or rise in ping. I usually go to servers with less than 50 ping. The lag feels like a typical ping rise, I would teleport around for a few seconds which messes up the gameplay for me, usually if there are zeds nearby when it happens I'm dead. It even happens in offline mode, so ping doesn't even matter here I guess. I can play with solid 60fps with most settings on high, I never used flex.
I tried different internet connections, reinstalling the game, using other GPU drivers, turning all settings to the lowest,.... none of it changed anything about the situation.

I made a similar post about this issue on the steam discussions for killing floor2.

specs:
asus G751JY laptop
Win 8.1 64bit
intel i7 4710hq
nvidia gtx 980m 4gb vram, dx11
16 gb ram
no overclocking

Upvote 0