• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Version mismatch on every custom maps

hkwh01

Grizzled Veteran
May 24, 2009
I had counter a mismatch problem in one custom map , then I deleted everything in
\Documents\my games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Cache
Then I deleted everything inside
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop
I thought maps will be redownload while I join the server , but I just get version mismatch error for every custom maps .
Then I check the cache folder , there are just empty folders being downloaded
How do I tell the game to download the maps again?

Mismatch error is most of the time the server not updating and your client having the correct file from workshop, but I know someone who had a problem like that where his client could not retrieve the custom map correctly from workshop, we tried to troubleshoot his installation but he ended up uninstalling everything, including Steam, clearing every folder he could think of, and then it was working OK. His problem started after joining a modded server... we guessed that something went wrong because of this bloody custom server with mods and ****, he never went again to this server and he never had the problem again.

Upvote 0
Is this YOUR server or are talking about joining a server with custom content (maps) and you get the "mismatch" error? I am confused.

IF you are joining someone else's KF2 server then the problem is NOT on your end, it is on the server administrator's end. They need to be made aware of the issue so they can correct the problem. It is a pain in the rear as I have to take care of all of our KF2 servers. We do use maps from the Steam Workshop and for some reason, don't know if they will get it fixed, but sometimes.... just sometimes, when a subscribed to map we have on our servers gets updated, it might fail to update on our servers. I have to manually go in to our server files, do some deleting and editing of files and folders to get the correct map update.

Hope you have found your problem but IF it on someone else's server, let them know. IF it is on YOUR server, I or someone else can direct you to Ducky's fix for the issue.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the information. It's not on my server; I don't have a server. I would contact the server owners if the server browser was so advanced and comprehensive to include such a capability. It would be ideal if they were notified automatically and/or an option added to the server filter to excluded borked servers from the list.

Upvote 0