• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dedicated-PhysX card to Flex

For Flex GTX 460 as dedicated cart do not working. Setting is gray out.

Is there limitation by version of CUDA? https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

Same problem I have with Batman: Arkham Knight. But they specified that CUDA version 3.0 is requirement.

Every another games what played has not problem with GTX460. (Warframe, WarFace, Alice Madness returns...)
460 has only v2.1 CUDA, cant work with Flex. KF2 PhysX Flex is also v3.0 requirement.

GTX600-series > has CUDA 3.0 = It can do FLEX physics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA < Scroll down to see Cuda versions map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
in the OP's case, his screen resolution is the issue here. the reason I say this is because...
Its not issue anymore, after KF2 update. It scrolls pretty good now, 60-100fps.

Totally minimum is ~45-50fps with HUGE, and i mean totally HUGE Flex Explosions, normally 60-70fps. Maximum, i dont know but even at running alone on the rooms/inside gives me now normal ~100fps.

Engine is so much faster now than when i wrote that OP.

Its now only graphics settings, not my resolution (3440x1440).

<<< Back to work, i mean killing Zeds. :)

My graphics power is enough (1x GPU):
http://i60.tinypic.com/2yy2ywk.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
U G H , M Y - N V I D I A G O D ! ! !

My GTX770 (for dedicated PhysX FLEX) has arrived.

My rig:
CPU: i7-3770K @ 5.0Ghz
Graphics GPU: GTX980Ti @ 1.500 / 8.200
PhysX Flex GPU: GTX 770 (Asus DCII, still stock :) )

My testing method:
Solo gaming, Demo (20lvl), 3440x1440 + Ultra + Flex Gibs/Fluids, Map: Outpost - starting area

Firstly, on nVidia drivers setting like earlier > PhysX Flex to 980Ti.

I Played only a ONCE that starting area with explosives, minimum fps 38.

Then i put PhysX to GTX770...

I played that same are 5 times, lowest fps 46fps...

So testing goes on. I change back to PhysX to 980Ti.

I played 1 time again, ONCE, have it to go as low as 44 fps. Then PhysX back to GTX770.

I then played 7 match (only 1st wave), every time that Outpost maps starting are, what i get then, at 7 times lowest fps was dropped 43fps, so that time i get even at 7 playing times 1fps lower results at same area, and it was totally Huge explosions, 1 bloat + 7-8 clots @ 2 grenades + so many FX25 ammo can get in the middle of that Z-time explosion hell...

Reboot my "RIG".

Back to PhysX 980Ti. Now i take some more playing with 980Ti PhysX Flex only.

I take that area 4 times, then i got lowest fps at the time, only 28fps!

And then, PhysX Flex back to GTX770...

Ok, now the last totally tests with on my dedicated PhysX Flex card (used/2nd hand)...

I played again, possibly the most totally hardest explosions with Bloat+10 Zeds, 3 gren+3 x Gren pistol explosions with Zed time.

Absolutely Whos laughing now attitude. :)

And i get LOWEST fps on that playing session, about 10 times again and again to get lowest possibly fps...with 770 PhysX... still lowest fps was that HUGE fight 38fps!!!

Totally played:
-980Ti PhysX Flex 6 times, lowest fps 28fps
-GTX770 PhysX Flex 22 times, lowest fps 38fps

That difference is +35% on lowest fps on my GPU+Dedi PhysX Flex card, when physics calculatios is needed (Flex Gibs+Fluids) !!!

So i can say that difference is HUGE on PhysX FLEX physics, at least on my RIG.

Must go now playing online with same settings. 3440x1440 Ultra + Gibs/Fluids. :D

I hope that my 770 memory (2Gb) is greatly overclocking type, becouse thats most important thing to search dedi-PhysX card (so much memory bandwidth as can get).

Dedi-PhysX card Core clock + Memory (1Gb/2Gb/3Gb/4Gb) is nearly pointless... Memory speed is most important. It should be so fast bandwidth than primary Graphics card have (i read somewhere)...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can chime in on this.

I was recently given a GTX 770 and decided to test this.

On my GTX 970 alone, i could run the game with max graphics settings and flex to full @ 1080p with no real problems, until things started to get heavy (loads of Zeds going boom, gore everywhere etc, etc) Having framerates drop to the high 30's

Tossing the GTX 770 in the mix and using it as a dedicated Physx Processor, The game managed to maintain a steady 60 FPS even when the action got hot and heavy.

The downside to my setup is that my case is M-ATX, so temps start to climb quick.

(MSI twin frozr GTX 970, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 2GB)

TL;DR

Using a GTX 770 as a dedicated Physx Processor Helped Alot! (In my case)

Last edited:
Upvote 0