• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2 Running With Insanely Low FPS

Andriot

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 21, 2015
Firstly, let me get the humble brag part out of the way, I can run GTAV on ultra. My laptop is up to scratch, details below:

Intel Core i7-4700HQ CPU @2.4GHz (8CPUs)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M
12 Gigs of RAM

I'm fairly sure it's not a system requirement issue. When I take a look at task manager CPU usage is at measly 20%. Apologies if there are already ways past this and I know the game is in early access so I expected some hiccups.

Any help getting the game running at a playable FPS would be much appreciated because at the moment it runs at around 10 even on the lowest settings in the lowest resolution I'm willing to go to.

Hey guys! I've found the fix to my specific problem, atleast.

The problem I was having was the game was running off my integrated graphics instead of my actual GPU. Here's a step-by-step for Nvidia users:

1. Open Nvidia control panel from your start menu

2. Go into the "Manage 3D Settings" tab

3. Next to select "Select a program to customise", click Add

4. Find the killing floor 2 exe, it will either be in the recently opened tab or steamapps/common/killingfloor2/Binaries/Win64

5. Add the game, under the "preferred graphics processor" menu select "High-performance NVIDIA processor"

This should force the game to use your actual GPU rather than the integrated one!

Upvote 0