• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server HTTP, HTTPS download from server

Nope it is HTTP and also ONLY ON PORT 80. The cheap way if to find a free web hosting supporting large files with unlimited bandwidth and storage, and make a dummy/fake page with download links to the maps to justify storing them.. in case they notice your unusual usage of the web hosting. ISP often have 'personal page' free services too you can look yours, and if you have proper storage space and speed use it.

Use workshop if possible it is far better overall for the end user and server admin once you get how it works.

Upvote 0
You're right you better not upload maps not respecting TWI's EULA ;)

Not really have suggestions, try basic google search like "free web hosting unlimited", I would personnally use a paid service like cheap VPS or cheap paid hosting to have a reliable service. Last time I looked for a free unlimited one I found infinityfree.net which seemed to be appropriate for that use ;) but I didn't test it.

edit: and before you encounter this issue, make sure you use the EXACT SAME FILE NAME for the map file itself, the map file you upload on the redirect, and the map file name you put in the config file. These three NEED to be exactly, the same to avoid any issue regarding download (for example usually Linux web servers ARE CASE SENSITIVE that means that KF-MapFile.kfm is different file from KF-mapfile.kfm on these servers so when your client asks for the map to the web server, it will ask from what is written in the config, hence why it is important to respect this simple rule. To avoid any issue I have a 'procedure' very simple to follow and fool proof:

- upload map to server in folder KFGame/BrewedPC/Maps/CustomMaps (create the folder, no space, no special characters in name, ALL your custom maps go here for now, this way no hidden custom map anywhere)
- upload the map to redirect web server too
- copy this to your server config file KFGame.ini at the bottom or after the similar ones for official maps (LinuxServer or PCServer have different name but you pick the good one) for the map to be visible and selectable in the web admin, this way you can switch it or add it in map list directly from webadmin, basically makes the server know this map exist on the server
[XXXX KFMapSummary]
MapName=XXXX
- copy map file name
- replace both XXXX by the map file name without the extension (double click it, right click it, select paste, if you previously copied the map file name)

If your redirection server is working and properly set in your config files, it will work.

To sum it up for a map named KF-MapFile.kfm you should have this map uploaded with this exact name on both your game server and on your redirection server, and you should copy and paste the name without the extension to the config file section:
[KF-MapFile KFMapSummary]
MapName=KF-MapFile

Last edited:
Upvote 0