• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Downloading custom maps from a server

Kasder

Apr 25, 2019
I'm the server host and I would like my friends to download maps directly from my server.
However, some maps get the following errors:

Downloading Package 'map name' failed: Error opening files
Duplicate UID

Is there any config file I need to change?

Downloading Package 'map name' failed: Error opening files
That means the file your client tries to download does not exist, can be a problem in your config file of server, a bad file name on redirect server, a case sensitivity issue, and so on. You need to check deeper in client log maybe and also in web server (redirect) log to check what is going on. Also if maps have multiple files (additional packages as additional files instead of one unique map file) then you'll not able to redistribute with own redirection http server, because TWI don't support well the redirection method and want people to use workshop. Check for each map that files on game server and redirection server have exactly the same file name on both servers, and that this exact same file name is used in your config file of game server in place where you wrote it down, no cap difference, the exact same map/file name used everywhere to avoid difference and potential errors. Example for the map KF-CustomMapName.kfm I write only this in my config file to have the map recognized:

[KF-CustomMapName KFMapSummary]
MapName=KF-CustomMapName

Duplicate UID
This happens when you have a duplicate on the server, like when you have a crash on connection, server thinks you're still trying to connect to server and avoids you to reconnect, until it times out your "ghost connection" after two minutes, then you can reconnect (quicker is to change map to force resetting connections). Maybe it can happen in other cases.

Upvote 0
"Solved" somewhat. The best way to transfer fiies is via steam workshop or external file sharing services. Direct download may be unreliable and may need you to clear the cache by deleting in files in D:\Users\username\Documents\my games\KillingFloor2. This is likely due to the limitation of UE3.

Upvote 0